• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Commander Mods

Started by Dodger, October 01, 2005, 06:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to see commander mods implemented?

Yes
No
Dont care...
Matlu has done enough!

Dodger

Lol, looks like Matlu voted "Matlu has done enough"  ;D

Bakster

Quote from: Dodger on October 03, 2005, 06:36:29 PM
Lol, looks like Matlu voted "Matlu has done enough"  ;D

We've had that joke before, on some other poll in Poll Land.

The_Gu3st

Dodger

Ouch, that will teach me to leave the funnies to Bakster.

Bakster

Bakster

Quote from: Dodger on October 03, 2005, 07:02:06 PM
Ouch, that will teach me to leave the funnies to Bakster.

Here goes:

Marriage is like a pack of cards:

A heart to love her
A diamond to marry her
A club to bash her head in
A spade to bury the bitch (Excuse my language, but it makes the joke ever so more humorous)

Dodger

lol funny. But STOP SPAMMING MY THREAD!  :-*

Bakster

http://forums.ratemyteachers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=159210

I am really considerate and so will not spam Dodger's thread with the large amount of jokes here.

Not really, I can't be bothered ;D

haferhole1

Quote from: Dodger on October 03, 2005, 06:36:29 PM
Lol, looks like Matlu voted "Matlu has done enough" ;D

nope, that was me. cyber battles is fine as is, we should work on a new game.

click my egg to get ur own

Slayer_Z

looks like anima rads maxim too. :D Maxim rocks.
dodger, Ialready asked youu for a tokin commander, so did gut. lets see it.
I think that one is gonna be good.
confucious say: man who stand on toilet seat= high on pot
confucious say: man who ejaculate in cash register= come into money
confucious say: its good for girl to meet boy in park, better for boy to park meat in girl.  :D :D
I love you guys
OH MY GOD, WE KILLED KENNY.
WERE BASTARDS

cDigital

Quote from: anima on October 02, 2005, 09:15:40 PM
I vote yes, on one condition... a dubey smoking action is added  :-*

I like this very much :) 

SiR gUt

atleast 2 people on here, has my back with J smoking commander.

- Anima that joke was funny as hell.
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

matlu

I like the emoticons, and I would implement them, but few things have to be decided / solved first:

- right now, there is different graphics for each commander. It's not possible to keep different graphics AND have emoticons at same time, because it would look stupid. It is probably not possible to paint an emoticon for EACH commander, this would require too much effort, and would increase datafile size beyond limits.

First possible solution would be: to make commanders look same. We could use graphics which is currently used for commander #1.
There is still way to make them a bit different - they could have different color for each player. For example when you paint this commander, you may mark some places (belt, etc.) with some special color, and I will replace this color during runtime with specific color for each player. This would in fact reduce datafile size.
Another possibility is, that all commanders would look same, but they would have different animation.

Once this is somehow resolved, then I can put in emoticons (we will also have to agree how many frames will these animations have)

Dodger

In my topic I suggested that ONLY the player who is first should be able to use the emoticons. That would solve that probem, although may give players a bigger incentive to start the game  :-\ (I don't if that is good or bad.)

Otherwise, I think that Matlu's commander idea is resonable, and would possibly make up for the emoticons data (as some commander data would be deleted).

About the frames.....tricky, I was only creating the 'mods' for fun, so they all have a different number of frames....the exploding one having 14! Which I expect is too many! lol! Whereas the praying one I just made, only has 3.

Is this any help?

Now all I have to do is make a smoking commander....

<EDIT> finished the smoker  :) Go check it out.

matlu

QuoteIn my topic I suggested that ONLY the player who is first should be able to use the emoticons
I don't think this is a good idea