• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Riddles!

Started by haferhole1, October 05, 2005, 10:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haferhole1

I ride, yet have no steed.
I gasp, yet cannot breathe.
I'm lame, yet have never walked.
I'm holy, yet have no god.

My first is green while solid, yellow when not. "P" (thanks cdigital)
My second is more in Adam than in Eve. "A"
My third is at the start of nothing. "N"
My fourth is at the end of it. "T"
My fifth makes me more, and yet I am only one. "S" (makes something more)

so is the answer pants?

click my egg to get ur own

Parsley

Yep!  :D

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS[/size]
    Haferhole1![/size]
[/b]

haferhole1

go me 

Pirate Pete had been captured by a Spanish general and sentenced to death by his 50-man firing squad.

Pete cringed, as he knew their reputation for being the worst firing squad in the Spanish military. They where such bad shots that they would often all miss their targets and simply maim their victims leaving them to bleed to death as the generals tradition was to only allow one shot per man to save on ammunition. The thought of a slow painful death made Pete beg for mercy.

"Very well, I have some compassion. You may choose where the men stand when they shoot you and I will add 50 extra men to the squad to ensure someone will at least hit you. Perhaps if they stand closer they will kill you quicker if you're lucky." Snickered the general. "Oh and just so you don't get any funny ideas they can't stand more than 20 ft away, they must be facing you and you must remain tied to the post in the middle of the yard. And to show I'm not totally heartless if you aren't dead by sundown I'll release you so you can die peacefully outside the compound. I must go now but will return tomorrow and see to it that you are buried in a nice spot, though with 100 men I doubt there will be much left of you to bury."

After giving his instruction the general left. Upon his return the next day he found that Pete had been set free alive and well. "How could this be?" Demanded the general. 'It was where Pete had us stand." Explained the captain of the squad.

Where did Pete tell them to stand?

Parsley

Right next to him, so the guns poked out over his shoulder?

Bakster

Quote from: haferhole1 on October 19, 2005, 06:27:21 PM
I ride, yet have no steed.
I gasp, yet cannot breathe.
I'm lame, yet have never walked.
I'm holy, yet have no god.

My first is green while solid, yellow when not. "P" (thanks cdigital)
My second is more in Adam than in Eve. "A"
My third is at the start of nothing. "N"
My fourth is at the end of it. "T"
My fifth makes me more, and yet I am only one. "S" (makes something more)

so is the answer pants?

Who has ever seen urine when it's solid? I also don't understand the "My fifth..." bit.

And what is the purpose of the first section of the riddle? I see no answers!

Bakster

Pete positioned the men so the men obstructed others from hitting Pete. The men would be so close together that the shots from the men behind would guarantee to hit the man in front. The people at the front die so they can't shoot, and if they do shoot they will likely miss, and Pete gets out alive.

Of course, they would all be facing the same direction but it still works. I might have explained it badly.

haferhole1

Quote from: Parsley on October 19, 2005, 09:49:46 PM
Right next to him, so the guns poked out over his shoulder?

theres too many people for that (100 shooters)

Quote from: Bakster on October 19, 2005, 10:08:58 PM
Pete positioned the men so the men obstructed others from hitting Pete. The men would be so close together that the shots from the men behind would guarantee to hit the man in front. The people at the front die so they can't shoot, and if they do shoot they will likely miss, and Pete gets out alive.

Of course, they would all be facing the same direction but it still works. I might have explained it badly.

nope, the people in front could still kill him, but the way he did it made it so no one even shot

Quote from: Bakster on October 19, 2005, 10:05:30 PM
Who has ever seen urine when it's solid? I also don't understand the "My fifth..." bit.

And what is the purpose of the first section of the riddle? I see no answers!

the solid urine comes out the back,  if u know what i mean.
and the 5th thing, lets try a diffrent word : dog
how do u change it to make it more then one? add an "S".  (dogs)

but with pants, pants are only 1 item, so its only 1.

i think i answered everything

Parsley

He was tied to the post by a 100m piece of string?

I ride, yet have no steed. - Pants ride up your crack
I gasp, yet cannot breathe. - Pants = pants like a dog
I'm lame, yet have never walked. - Pants = rubbish
I'm holy, yet have no god. - obvious

My first is green while solid, yellow when not. "P" - Like a Pea, or like pee
My second is more in Adam than in Eve. "A" - obvious
My third is at the start of nothing. "N" - Nothing
My fourth is at the end of it. "T" - iT
My fifth makes me more, and yet I am only one. "S" - Like hafer said.

haferhole1

nope, he couldnt escape until sundown, and lets jut say it was noon.  and they were all in the positions he told them to stand in and they could shoot whenever they wanted.

Parsley

Hmmm..

How about (and my last guess, so others can try) - one chap was standing next to him with his barrel poking over his shoulder, and all the other guys were behind that... so the one guy standing next to Pete got shot, but protected Pete (perhaps single file behind...)

ultswordsman

so easy idiots

THEY HAD NO BULLETS
u dumbass guest that was easy to quest thanks to gut

haferhole1

they had plenty of bullets, and, the gun over the shoulder isnt part of the answer, or the single file.   they all had a clear shot at him, but remember how bad of a shot they all are, and thet they are all part of the same army.  not 1 shot was fired

ultswordsman

they didnt fire in fear that theyd hit their own army members or worse their general
u dumbass guest that was easy to quest thanks to gut

haferhole1

the 100 shooters and the man were all far away from everyone else, but ur on the right track

Slayer_Z

he lined 50 on one side of him and 50 on another each facing eachother
OH MY GOD, WE KILLED KENNY.
WERE BASTARDS