• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Riddles!

Started by haferhole1, October 05, 2005, 10:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flamingdragon

Fine then, that answer has been cleared and would work.

Adun Toridas, Executor.

flamingdragon

This one has multiple solutions:

A group of prisoners are trapped in a forcefield. These prisoners are perfectly brave, meaning that they would attempt an escape on any positive probability of success. The prisoners are monitored by a guard who has only one bullet in his gun, but who also has perfect marksmanship skills (he never misses). A maintenance technician needs to tune up the forcefield generator, and so for one second, the forcefield is released. How can the guard still keep all the prisoners detained?
Adun Toridas, Executor.

th3_gu3st

make them stand in a straight line and aim at their  hearts if one moves fire and all will die  ;D

flamingdragon

umm, if one moves they wont be in a straight line n e more will they  ::), and the one that moves will escape.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

The_Crusade

Tie their hands and feet so they can't escape ;D

Dodger

Say that he will shoot the first person to move? None of them will want to die right? So none of them will want to be the first one to move, so none will move.

That was obvious.

flamingdragon

WRONG

If there is even the slightest chance of escape they will go for it.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

Dodger

Ahem. I am right. There is no chance of escape my way. Assuming that they want to survive.

flamingdragon

Nope, they dont know that the guard has perfect aim and he could always be defecting as far as they know, there is still chance of escape that way.  ::)
Adun Toridas, Executor.

flamingdragon

Well they would think there is still chance of escape anyways.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

Dodger

You said the riddle has many answers, that is one of them.

flamingdragon

I lied.  ;)

There's only one, I was just trying to motivate u to answer, that is wrong u didnt disprove my explanations.

GET OVER IT
Adun Toridas, Executor.

The_Crusade

LOL

What about my answer?

Dodger

Prove that my answer is wrong.

flamingdragon

Quote from: flamingdragon on November 21, 2006, 02:42:35 PM
They dont know that the guard has perfect aim and he could always be defecting as far as they know, there is still chance of escape as far as they know and they will go for it.

I DID
Adun Toridas, Executor.