• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Happy Halloween! / ghost footage

Started by haferhole1, October 25, 2005, 09:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haferhole1

Read before watching movie

This is a VW advertisement from central Europe. When they finished filming the ad, the people who made it noticed something moving along the side of the car, like a ghostly white mist.

The ad was never approved for TV broadcast because, if the unexplained ghostly phenomenon frightened the production team out of their wits, the general population of mainly poorly educated and superstitious farm workers would flip out.

Watch it and about halfway through, as the car emerges from the clump of trees, look and you will see the white mist crossing in front of the car then following it along the road......  It's subtle, but it's clearly there.  Weird.

Also, can anyone translate the blurb at the end?  Maybe it's German?  It's kind of quiet, so turn up your volume a bit, and look close so you'll be able to see the distinct mist below.

http://enchanted-dreams.us/coldspot/video/Classic_Auto_1.mpeg

also, post what ur doing for halloween. examples: trick or treating, passing out candey, TPing houses, or scaring young children

as for me, im gonna have a bowl on front steps with a piece of paper next to it that says "take 1 or else" and ill be sitting high in a tree (my house is next to a forest preserve, so i have alot of trees in yard) with my paintball gun.  if they take 1, ill yell down to take a handful for listening.  but if they take alot when they walk up there, im gonna shoot them, i have great aim and a scope, so i wont hit there head.  or (if they are 2 young / have parents w/ them) shoot around them.  after that, im gonna have one of my buddies hiding behing another tree in a $200 gorilla suit run after them for a bit and scare the shit out of them. 

this is gonna be fun  :D

click my egg to get ur own

Bakster

Quote from: haferhole1 on October 25, 2005, 09:15:42 PM
Read before watching movie

This is a VW advertisement from central Europe. When they finished filming the ad, the people who made it noticed something moving along the side of the car, like a ghostly white mist.

The ad was never approved for TV broadcast because, if the unexplained ghostly phenomenon frightened the production team out of their wits, the general population of mainly poorly educated and superstitious farm workers would flip out.

Watch it and about halfway through, as the car emerges from the clump of trees, look and you will see the white mist crossing in front of the car then following it along the road......  It's subtle, but it's clearly there.  Weird.

Also, can anyone translate the blurb at the end?  Maybe it's German?  It's kind of quiet, so turn up your volume a bit, and look close so you'll be able to see the distinct mist below.

Damn, that can't be a scary popup!!

haferhole1

Bakster

Really? I'd better look at it then and be so spooked that I will be even more paranoid than I was before for the next 10 years.

haferhole1

well, its not scary if u know whats coming

willie

the first time i saw it, i was more scared (just a little) of that sound than the actual thing popping out...BAD MAKEUP (something you would only see in german films of course)   
http://www.jkcinema.com/gamesmov.asp?type=5 (be sure to watch the ghost series one)
http://www.bartonmansion.com/video.html
check those sites out.  I really do think ghosts exist but when i think about them i just go "meh...".  they arent really a big deal to me.  HAVE A VERY FRIGHTENING HALLOWEEN!  :P

Bakster

The scary popup link doesn't work for me...or I wasn't patient enough.

eddie