• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

ELECTRO PULSE & VIRUS

Started by matlu, December 07, 2005, 04:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodger

Quote from: The_Gu3st on December 21, 2005, 09:49:19 AM
Im happy with the new way, without any resistence check. It makes it more challenging and gives the guy playing defence a better chance.
I agree.

matlu

I have to say that it makes some sense to me. I also think that this is what resstance is meant for.
In this case I would suggest to remove the "physical" attack, and replace it just with resistance check. But for purpose of Virus and EP the resistance value could be somehow reduced, or maybe halved.

Dodger

Okay....he way I think it should work is just the Base probability, no resistance or strength. Also the base probability should not change with alignment.
But I know that people will disagree, sooo.... Matlu's way sounds good.

The_Gu3st

Dodger explained it good, but heres the way it should actually work.

Base probability of 40% (50% actually) when targeting a monster
Base probability of 25% when targeting a commander.
No resistence check
Probability does not increase with alignment.

Dodger

Quote from: The_Gu3st on December 22, 2005, 06:10:56 PM
Dodger explained it good, but heres the way it should actually work.

Base probability of 40% (50% actually) when targeting a monster

50% actually? What do you mean?

Otherwise I completely agree.

The_Gu3st

Well isnt the base probability currently 40%? If not, then make it 50%. If it is already 50%...well...leave it.

Stitchy_11

the only reason willie disagrees with the original idea is because he always tries to get low probability spiders and queens etc.  i believe that virus and electro-pulse should have no resistance factor, but the amount that the aligment affects the probability should be limited. ex. base probablility=40% but with mech aligment of 2 or higher the electropulse should have a maximum probability of 60-70%. I dunno i hope this make sense, im kinda out of it, and it was a rough night.....id like some other peoples opiniions to see if they agree
Colt 45 n two zig-zags... baby thats all we need

Bakster

Virus and EP shouldn't have Resistance. Then Spider and Pred are very hard to stop.

Dodger

Dodger

Matlu,

Sorry to be a burden...But are we keeping it how it is now??

Oh and I just noticed that when EP is targeted at a commander, his beacons are not destroyed. They should be.

Also, the EP and Virus graphics are only used on the card screen...Shouldn't they be used instead of the 'attack' graphic (when it suceeds). Does that make sense?

Thanks,

Dodger.

matlu

QuoteSorry to be a burden...But are we keeping it how it is now??
I don't know. People have different opinions. I'm not sure whom should i listen to.

SiR gUt

just leave it always a 70% chance to work or even 60%
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

cDigital

I am sorry for avoiding a response to this thread.  I would need more time to come to a good opinion.  Christmas, Newyear, hurricane.

I guess the choices are the percieved original stats or a altered duelbord variation.

In the past duelboard's varriation IMO is better then original stats.  i.e. goo, duelboards goo is not to be under estimated, where as the original stat made it a waist of a turn.  The original goo stat should just be another comand for /quit because it was so stupid if you use it, you might as well quit!  Now it can turn to very serious threat after 10 turns that has even worked against me and sir gut from killing one exteremly easy kill guarded by goo.. Sometimes it works against you, but at least it's not a useless card.  Id rather have a fight then the easy kill.. Of course zozefup is always considered an easy kill
Sometimes I don't feel like calling it a kill, because when he comes I think it's more like suicide.   ;D

SiR gUt

you know that how i feel when i play coke.  :-*
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

zzboots

a real concern:

Is it possible for alien goo to be wiped out when virus works on commander?  I believe that is how original version was.

I think EP and Virus work fine now.  Not like minor adjustments will have a big end result impact.  Leave it as is please.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo