• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Login Pg/ Lobby

Started by Brian, March 19, 2005, 11:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Hey

I posted this on my forum, but since this is the official forum i think I should repost here. I also made some improvements, from the suggestions of zzboots. ( Rankings lower, and adding a register button). Please feel free to post more suggestions, feedbacks and comments.

First Page

Lobby Page

Cheers Brian

zzboots

We will need to decide on the exact amount of points, if matlu chooses to keep same point system (crosses fingers  ;D)  Maybe make the ratings section smaller and along the bottom with a few game options similar to the old game.  And Then you could have room to add the highscores section.  :D
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

TheMcCool

A repost of my alternative ranking system from the BBCW forums:

Lamesauce- 99pt and below
Damn Noob- 100-300
learned how to play- 301-500
Leet Wannabe- 501-999
Elitist Ass- 1000-2000
Grand Lamer- 2001-3000
Elder Asshole- 3001-5000
Master of Lameness- 5001-10,000
Uber H4xx0r- 10,000+
The Cheat- 100,000+

If this was implemented I think it would draw alot of new players in just because it's so leet.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

Kevin

I like the design Brian.
McCool those are some, er, unique, names

zzboots

Quote from: Kevin on March 20, 2005, 04:15:33 AM
I like the design Brian.
McCool those are some, er, unique, names

I second that. Perhaps names similar to original verison, just change point values.
-William G. McAdoo

TheMcCool

Man you guys are prudes. It's not like this game is going to go up for retail or something. We can have fun with it. Well no big deal I guess.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.

zzboots

No one will get 100k points, cheaters were only able to get up to 70k  :P  The old system:

Beginner 100 points and lower
Novice 110
Apprentice 120 ?
Intermediate 130 ?
Experienced 150 ?
Expert 200
Master 250
GM 300

I would suggest something like:
Beginner 100 and lower
Novice 102
Apprentice 150
Intermediate 200
Experienced 250
Expert 500
Master 750
GM 1000

just a thought
-William G. McAdoo

Sabre Akh

You know if people lose too much under 100, they will just create a new character. I think this will be a shame as your character will lose a bit of authenticity. Maybe make it so you can't get below 80??

You have to realise that there will not be many novice or newb players. Most of the the players here are ex high rankers (not me :P). So it will be hard for the new guys if they pick a unique name they like, and then by the time they get any good, they will be like in the 40's or something like that.

Just a thought.

BlitzJoker

I would agree with zz on this and keep the same names as before. Although many players had more then 1000. So my suggestion would have to be.

Beginner 150 and lower
Novice 200
Apprentice 250
Intermediate 300
Experienced 500
Expert 750
Master 1000
GM 2000

As for not allowing it to go below 80, if a person really liked the name, they would work to regain those points.

TheMcCool

Haha I forgot the exact number the cheaters were getting. Was it 70,000? Maybe we could make a "Cheater" rank in reminiscince of those cheaters who spoiled the top score list.

BlitzJoker

That is a memory I would rather not remember......

Brian

Hey,

I like blitzjokers ranking, but I made it a little bit higher though

Beginner 100 and lower
Novice 400
Apprentice 800
Intermediate 1200
Experienced 1600
Expert 2000
Master 2400
GM 3000

Maybe something similar to this?

Cheers Brian

zzboots

Quote from: Brian on March 20, 2005, 06:44:24 AM
Hey,

I like blitzjokers ranking, but I made it a little bit higher though

Beginner 100 and lower
Novice 400
Apprentice 800
Intermediate 1200
Experienced 1600
Expert 2000
Master 2400
GM 3000

Maybe something similar to this?

Too high, gotta give people incentive to reach next level or they might get discouraged.
-William G. McAdoo

Michael

zzboots does have a point. If the point value is too high some people might just give up on getting any higher and that would give no reason for the ranking system.

*We are all destined for greatness*

Sheep

i dont know about point values, but the main screen and such look cool, hope you add them