• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Inspired

Started by Logan17, April 28, 2006, 12:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logan17

I'm working my way to becomming a professional painter and graphic designer so when I saw the call for new graphics I couldn't resist trying some.  I'm used to painting at a minimum size of 2700 by 3700 pixels so how hard could 32 by 32 pixels be?  Surprisingly difficult!  My first effort was good untill I realised I had made it 80 x 80 pixels, was nearly pullin my hair out!  Anyway got some work on the hover tank finished.  Not sure if it looks clear enough or is coloured well enough.  By the way, you do still need graphics right? 

I hope I have attached these right.

Logan17

I noticed the old hover tank only hovered up and down so I didn't animate anything on the tank itself. Didn't have time to do a dead phase.  Bear in mind these two pictures are my very first effort at pixel art so I'm sure I could become slighter better with a little time.  Please let me know if I have got anything wrong.

I'm flying to Bradford to play a few football matches so I won't be on the site for a while.

matlu

Well, I officialy stopped working on cyberbattles, but I can replace the graphics (once you also create "detroyed" frame).

Logan17

Oh, so what projects are you working on these days?

Logan17

Ahh, my apologies.  I just noticed it on the forum, good luck with the MUD / RPG.

matlu

This MUD/RPG is on hold :) At the moment I'm working on new card/board games www.duelboard.com/rook

Well if you feel like doing graphics, I could sure find some good use for you (at least to create icons, user interface, and soon also graphics to games themselves)

Bakster

Quote from: Logan17 on April 28, 2006, 12:49:34 PM
I noticed the old hover tank only hovered up and down so I didn't animate anything on the tank itself. Didn't have time to do a dead phase.  Bear in mind these two pictures are my very first effort at pixel art so I'm sure I could become slighter better with a little time.  Please let me know if I have got anything wrong.

I'm flying to Bradford to play a few football matches so I won't be on the site for a while.

Wtfz? That's my hometown in England??? :o

Coke_Can

aww how cute... that basker found his mate

Dodger

Wow. I love the new Hover Tank graphic. Congratulations! I never thought anyone would be able to better the old one.  :)

Dodger

Would be nice if the turret swung about a bit. Also if that red light sort of..pulsed.  :P

Coke_Can

or a hot chick in a swimming suite.... nothing like that whore commande.. yesh..

ultswordsman

flashing commander (:
u dumbass guest that was easy to quest thanks to gut

Bakster

We need more emotes!!! Dodger!!

Dodger

Bite me.

Actually, I will make some. If you tell me what to do. Write it in my emote thread.

Logan17

Ok I added a pulsing hover glow and painted in the dead phase.  Matlu you can replace this for the old one or not, whichever you prefer.  i was just having some fun trying it.  Fell free to ask if you need any graphics for rook,  I like a challenge.