• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Inspired

Started by Logan17, April 28, 2006, 12:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodger

I love it so much I animated it for you  :-*

One critisism : In frame three the tank drops too much..it looks a bit jerky. Maybe you could have it not dropping so low?

Logan17

Y thank you  ;D

You'r right, it does seem to jerky.  I had placed the 3 different tank frames in flash to run in a loop at 26 frames per second.   That seemed to run a little differently from your animation,  The red pulse only expanded as the tank droped.  What order do you have the frames running in?

And at the risk of sounding rather stupid, how do you post images as a little animation like that?  ???

By the way, like the style of those commander animations.

Dodger

Quote from: Logan17 on May 03, 2006, 08:32:33 PM
Y thank you  ;D

Your welcome  :)

You'r right, it does seem to jerky.  I had placed the 3 different tank frames in flash to run in a loop at 26 frames per second.   That seemed to run a little differently from your animation,  The red pulse only expanded as the tank droped.  What order do you have the frames running in?

The order of frames should be : 1, 2, 3, 2, 1, 2, 3, 2, 1, 2, 3, 2, 1...etc
                                   not 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3...etc

I make the animations with 36 split seconds between each frame, I'm pretty certain this is what it is in game...

And at the risk of sounding rather stupid, how do you post images as a little animation like that?  ???

I use a neat little program called Jasc Animation Shop 3. You copy each frame of the jpg into the program, select what options you need, it animates it, and you can save it as a .gif.

By the way, like the style of those commander animations.

Thanks  :)

Dodger

BTW, I can fix it if you give me permission, won't take long.  :)

Dodger

You left...So I fixed it anyway  :-*

Also made the other red light flash. What do you think?

Logan17

Hey, looking good.  Looks much more like it is hovering than my first feeble attempt.  And now, my friend, I'm gonna have to sue you for tampering!

:P Heh heh, just kidding, no need to ask for permission.  Thanx.

Dodger

Thanks  ;)

MATLU!!! We need this to be in game!  :P

matlu

Well - may opinion:  The very bottom line of that red glow should:

1. either stay at one place (so the glow increases and decreases)
2. or move together in sync with body of tank (so the glow doesn't change its size)

Dodger

Hmm..I see...I'll have a look.

Dodger

Okay, I changed it to how I think it should look...

The_Gu3st

Is the in-game hover tank an old image?

Dodger

Duhhh of course it is.

The_Gu3st

Just checking.. god.

Logan17

Ok I think I Originally made the glow a little too vibrant.  This is much more subtle, maybe too subtle?  The 3rd frame has a extra line of slightly transparent red.  Try that as an animation Dodger.