• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Super Smash Brothers: Brawl

Started by haferhole1, May 15, 2006, 11:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodger

Quote from: Bakster on May 19, 2006, 06:23:01 PM
When they are made into 3D, original 2D games are ruined.

Some games. A lot of games got great when changed into 3D. Mario, Zelda, Metriod, to name a few.

Bakster

Quote from: Dodger on May 20, 2006, 01:01:00 AM
Some games. A lot of games got great when changed into 3D. Mario, Zelda, Metriod, to name a few.

Those are exactly the games I was talking about.... :o

Dodger

Well then I dissagree with you.

Bakster

The original Mario game kicked ass. Then all the others sucked.

The original Zelda games (Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons etc) kicked ass. Although I haven't played any other Zelda games, I say they suck :D

The original Metroid game kicked ass. I have played Metroid Prime for Nintendo DS, and guess what? It sucks!

Dodger

Quote from: Bakster on May 20, 2006, 10:06:29 PM

The original Zelda games (Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons etc) kicked ass. Although I haven't played any other Zelda games, I say they suck :D

The original Metroid game kicked ass. I have played Metroid Prime for Nintendo DS, and guess what? It sucks!

Oracle of Seasons/Ages isn't an original game. It came out after OOT and MM.
If you havn't played them then your opinion doesn't count.

Metroid DS sucks. Metroid Prime (on cube) kicks ass. Although I don't care much for the series myself.

MathWiz20

I am also a loyal Nintendo player, from the original NES, to Super Nintendo, to N64, and now to Gamecube.

I've always been a Super Smash Bros fan, as well as Zelda (I've got all the Zelda games starting from the original Link on NES).  I think Wind Waker was awesome because it greatly expanded on the Ocarina and Majora's Mask story, but Four Swords sucked because it was in stages and lost all of the Zelda feel.

I'd love to play Twilight Princess but it comes out in September in the U.S. and I'll be going off to college, where it is unlikely I will bring my Gamecube :'(
I am a firm believer that the integral of e^x = f(u)^n, or, in mathematical notation: sex = fun.

haferhole1

hey, give a little credit to mario bros 3, while all my friends were out with there gfs and at work, i was playing this.  looking back, probly a bad choise. and ill admit all the mario sports games suck (tennis sucked, baseball was too repeditive, never played the soccer 1, but probly sucks, ddr was WAY too easy) but i enjoy mario kart n party

plus smash rocks

oot and mm are the ONLY good zelda games. end of argument, if u dissagree, you are wrong

no comment on this 1, havnt played the ds mph, and the original 1, i have on my xbox but havnt played yet.  ill check it out sometime this week.

btw, has any1 played the "new" super mario bros for ds? i would like to get it but my blockbuster doesnt rent ds games, and i dont wanna buy it and not like it.  is it just a copy of the original? or is it just the same style or what?

click my egg to get ur own

Dodger

Quote from: MathWiz20 on May 21, 2006, 03:19:21 AM
I am also a loyal Nintendo player, from the original NES, to Super Nintendo, to N64, and now to Gamecube.

I've always been a Super Smash Bros fan, as well as Zelda (I've got all the Zelda games starting from the original Link on NES).  I think Wind Waker was awesome because it greatly expanded on the Ocarina and Majora's Mask story, but Four Swords sucked because it was in stages and lost all of the Zelda feel.

That's exactly how I felt about WW. I also loved the graphics. Oh and it had the most awesome ending (plunging the Master Sword into Ganondorfs forehead was soooo satisfying.  ;D)
I also thought that the new combat system (with parying) was such a great improvement.

I havn't played Four Swords but I don't really like the look of it.

Quote from: haferhole1 on May 21, 2006, 10:38:43 AM
btw, has any1 played the "new" super mario bros for ds? i would like to get it but my blockbuster doesnt rent ds games, and i dont wanna buy it and not like it.  is it just a copy of the original? or is it just the same style or what?

Do you mean the copy of Super Mario 64 that came out on DS?I can't remember what it's name is on DS... It's pretty fun to play, once you get the hang of using the touch screen (although you don't always have to, it makes it more fun). If you liked Mario 64 then you'll like this too. They changed alot of the levels so it's not too repetitive. Also, as the game progresses you get to free other characters (Luigi, Mario, etc.), as you start off as Yoshi, and they all have different powers.
Although I don't have a DS I've played it a little, and I ejoyed it.  :)

haferhole1

Quote from: Dodger on May 21, 2006, 11:28:46 AM
Do you mean the copy of Super Mario 64 that came out on DS?I can't remember what it's name is on DS... It's pretty fun to play, once you get the hang of using the touch screen (although you don't always have to, it makes it more fun). If you liked Mario 64 then you'll like this too. They changed alot of the levels so it's not too repetitive. Also, as the game progresses you get to free other characters (Luigi, Mario, etc.), as you start off as Yoshi, and they all have different powers.
Although I don't have a DS I've played it a little, and I ejoyed it.  :)

no, i have that game, and yes it is quite good.  im talking about this game:

it just recently came out in the us, and i just looked at gamefaqs and the reason u dont know bout it is it doesnt come out in europe til 6/30  :o

click my egg to get ur own

Bakster

Quote from: haferhole1 on May 21, 2006, 10:38:43 AM
hey, give a little credit to mario bros 3, while all my friends were out with there gfs and at work, i was playing this. looking back, probly a bad choise. and ill admit all the mario sports games suck (tennis sucked, baseball was too repeditive, never played the soccer 1, but probly sucks, ddr was WAY too easy) but i enjoy mario kart n party

I've played Mario 1, 2 and 3 for Game Boy, Mario Golf and Tennis, WarioDS and MarioDS for Nintendo DS. Only Mario 1 was good..

I have also played all the Wario games for Game Boy, and they kicked ass ;D

plus smash rocks

Quote from: haferhole1oot and mm are the ONLY good zelda games. end of argument, if u dissagree, you are wrong

Links Awakening and Oracle of Ages/Seasons are the ONLY good Zelda games. End of argument, if you disagree, you are wrong.

It also piques my curiosity why you typed "u" once, and two words later, you typed "you"...

Quote from: DodgerDo you mean the copy of Super Mario 64 that came out on DS?I can't remember what it's name is on DS... It's pretty fun to play, once you get the hang of using the touch screen (although you don't always have to, it makes it more fun). If you liked Mario 64 then you'll like this too. They changed alot of the levels so it's not too repetitive. Also, as the game progresses you get to free other characters (Luigi, Mario, etc.), as you start off as Yoshi, and they all have different powers.
Although I don't have a DS I've played it a little, and I ejoyed it. :)

I only got Super Mario DS just for the sake of playing another DS game other than the demo of Metroid Prime.
The Mario game was reasonably fun at first, but it slowly got boring, but it was addictive so it took me a while to get rid of it  :P
I never use the touch screen, it is too awkward. And I am still searching for a game I will actually like for Nintendo DS.

Dodger

Quote from: Bakster on May 21, 2006, 04:01:45 PM
And I am still searching for a game I will actually like for Nintendo DS.

Why do you have one then?

And Hafer, you're right. I've never heard of that game...

Bakster

Quote from: Dodger on May 21, 2006, 07:00:12 PM
Why do you have one then?

And Hafer, you're right. I've never heard of that game...

I bought one and regretted it. Don't worry, there WILL be a good game for it eventually.... :-\

I can still play my old GBA games though. <3 Golden Sun.

Dodger

Golden Sun is the most awesome GB rpg ever. Do you have Golden Sun 2 as well? I competed them both :)

Bakster

I completed first one, never got round to finish 2nd one. I'm now busy on Pokemon Emerald 8)

Dodger

Awesome. I emulated Pokemon Emerald. Got quite far. Couldn't beat the Elite Four (or equivilent).