• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

What? A Tournament?? SIGN UPS ON NOW

Started by Dodger, May 24, 2006, 12:18:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrSexy

are we gunna resqedual???? cause im sure i got at least 2 other ppl who would like to play also....maybe 3...so if you up to trying this again im sure we could have more ppl...
Risking it all enables the good to become great and the great to achieve greatness.

SiR gUt

guest is to busy about miami heat being in the finals, to bad for him the mavericks are gonna sweep miami 4-0
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

Dodger

I wasn't flaming you. What's the actual story then? It can't be more important that Cyber Battles  :P.

Maybe we will rescedule, but there doesn't seem much point, this has shwn us that not many people are willing to show. If you guys can convince me that people wil actually come then we can try again.

SiR gUt

Dodger is 100% right
Every tournament we ever had, is always the same thing. NOBODY SHOWS!
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

DrSexy

well im sure i have two other ppl willing to play...maybe even four
Risking it all enables the good to become great and the great to achieve greatness.

Coke_Can

I would join. but..

• I probably wont be approve cause i have the curse of The Guest
  • And, i dont like getting on during the day.

haferhole1

sorta the same here

I would join. but..

• its always on the weekends!
  • And, i cant get on during the day.

although if it were on say a monday or tuesday, i would be able to get on, regardless of the time

click my egg to get ur own

Jacob50

Idea - instead of having a tourney which relies on people actyually being there when they agreed to, why not have a league of sort. The rules would be simple - somebody makes a post (very clearly written and good looking without spelling errors), declares himself to be the First CB champion and state the time he was going to be on. Like person XY could post - okay, I am DA CHAMP for now, I am going to be on at monday 8pm to 9pm (which reminds me the post needs to include a time chart for at least the american and european time zones) of that and that time.

Then, at that time anyone in the game could come up to him, say - Okay, I challange you. They would then play a match (exactly the same way the matches are done in the tourneys) The champion will go first first, the challanger will go first second (DUH). If the Champ defends his title he posts it on the topic, also stating another time which he was going to be on ( Important rule - You have to play at least one macth a WEEK when youre the champion, meaning you have to be on AND someone else also needs to be on, so you cant like post an hour nobody will be on and sit in the lobby for an hour and defend your title this way)

If youre the chalanger and you win, you go post that youre the new champ, also with new time you accept chalanges.

Other rules - not any game counts as a game for the champ title, the other person must actually chalange you.

Someone who would maintan the leauge could make a simple chart stating how long each champ has held his title. This is done by counting the number of chalangers the champ has defended against.

Any disputes (but I am sure there wouldnt be any, cause were an honest bunch) would be settled by the organizer (the person who makes the thread and is also the first champ)

SO THATS IT

Ok, opinions, ideas, volunteers for the organizer person ????

The_Gu3st

Quote from: Dodger on June 05, 2006, 11:06:16 AM
I wasn't flaming you. What's the actual story then?

"I can't be bothered" to tell you. Go F yourself.

Quote from: Jacob50 on June 06, 2006, 09:12:05 AM
Idea - instead of having a tourney which relies on people actyually being there when they agreed to, why not have a league of sort. The rules would be simple - somebody makes a post (very clearly written and good looking without spelling errors), declares himself to be the First CB champion and state the time he was going to be on. Like person XY could post - okay, I am DA CHAMP for now, I am going to be on at monday 8pm to 9pm (which reminds me the post needs to include a time chart for at least the american and european time zones) of that and that time.

Then, at that time anyone in the game could come up to him, say - Okay, I challange you. They would then play a match (exactly the same way the matches are done in the tourneys) The champion will go first first, the challanger will go first second (DUH). If the Champ defends his title he posts it on the topic, also stating another time which he was going to be on ( Important rule - You have to play at least one macth a WEEK when youre the champion, meaning you have to be on AND someone else also needs to be on, so you cant like post an hour nobody will be on and sit in the lobby for an hour and defend your title this way)

If youre the chalanger and you win, you go post that youre the new champ, also with new time you accept chalanges.

Other rules - not any game counts as a game for the champ title, the other person must actually chalange you.

Someone who would maintan the leauge could make a simple chart stating how long each champ has held his title. This is done by counting the number of chalangers the champ has defended against.

Any disputes (but I am sure there wouldnt be any, cause were an honest bunch) would be settled by the organizer (the person who makes the thread and is also the first champ)

*Challenge (had to do it)

And uhm, what's the point? Wow, I'm the champ of CB. Yay? I have the biggest one, I am the coolest now. Yay?

Jacob50

Quote*Challenge (had to do it)
I dont care.

Any normal feedback?

The_Gu3st

Quote from: Jacob50 on June 06, 2006, 10:20:40 AM
I dont care.

Ignorance isn't always bliss.

And my feedback was normal. I couldn't give a half a shit less if I was the oh so cool champ of CB.

This game went down really quick incase you didn't notice. Everyone cheats for points, I've cheated for points, and I know others that have too. No one really gives a flaming shit about being the champ. Just play the god damned game.

Tournaments are far better than this shit for brains idea. I was able to successfully hold a couple tournaments when I was in, not mine or any of our's faults they can't. I'm sure if Matt and James put half a thought more into this they would be able to run one.

I'm also sure they might make their participants slightly happier if they didn't get flamed for unavoidable/ICouldntBeBotheredToGiveAFuckEnough things then they might actually play.

/rant

Jacob50

QuoteAnd my feedback was normal

NO, it wasnt... Normal feedback would be - I dont like that idea
QuoteEveryone cheats for points, I've cheated for points, and I know others that have too.
I dont cheat for points, I dont know anyone who cheats for points and I dont care about points. If you choose to cheat, youre a loser. Just play the goddam game.
And you really could have just said - thats a stupid idea..
and not that shit you wrote...

The_Gu3st

Quote from: Jacob50 on June 06, 2006, 10:37:40 AM
NO, it wasnt... Normal feedback would be - I dont like that idea
Quote from: Jacob50 on June 06, 2006, 09:12:05 AM
Ok, opinions, ideas, volunteers for the organizer person ????

You asked for opinions, I gave you my opinion.

Quote from: Jacob50 on June 06, 2006, 10:37:40 AM
And you really could have just said - thats a stupid idea..

I fail to give a flying fuck about your shit for brains idea.

How's that?

MathWiz20

Quote from: The_Guest on June 06, 2006, 10:31:01 AM
Everyone cheats for points, I've cheated for points, and I know others that have too.

Guest if you're gonna be rude and off-topic, then I will be too.

Why don't we finally get Mike banned then, but if EVERYONE cheats like you say, then why don't you ban us all?  Seriously Guest, I do not cheat.  I'd like to win my way to #1 fair and square, and it pisses me off when people appear above me whom I KNOW cheats but seems to be allowed to be let alone by everyone.

Like you said Guest, ignorance isn't always bliss.  So don't be ignorant this time.

P.S.  I do feel that we could eventually get tournaments running again, but I think the problem is people think they have nothing left to do once they sign up.  They don't realize that they are COMMITTED to actually SHOWING UP.  *Cough* Guest *Cough*
I am a firm believer that the integral of e^x = f(u)^n, or, in mathematical notation: sex = fun.

Dodger

I offer my sincere opologies Guest. I was riled when making the post (weather it was flaming you or not), because no-one turned up and I lost a five player game on turn 33  :P.

The idea seems okay Jacob...Although I prefer Tournaments.

QuoteI'm sure if Matt and James put half a thought more into this they would be able to run one.

I can tell you that I work hard on trying to make as many people sign up as I can. But I can't make them show.