• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

What? A Tournament?? SIGN UPS ON NOW

Started by Dodger, May 24, 2006, 12:18:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob50

QuoteThe idea seems okay Jacob...Although I prefer Tournaments.

I also prefer tournaments. They are, of course, better in every way. But it doesnt seem like enough people can show up for the tournamnets so this is just something we could do meanwhile. If you can once again get enough people, the tourney will be great.

edit - Oh and I really apreciate your feedback.

Bakster

Quote from: Dodger on June 06, 2006, 02:23:58 PM
I offer my sincere opologies Guest. I was riled when making the post (weather it was flaming you or not), because no-one turned up and I lost a five player game on turn 33  :P.

The idea seems okay Jacob...Although I prefer Tournaments.

I can tell you that I work hard on trying to make as many people sign up as I can. But I can't make them show.

Anyway...I don't like tournaments in comparison to the league idea.

As has been demonstrated several times, it is nearly impossible to gather a "large" amount of people at the same time.

Meanwhile, for a league or ladder, as I will explain in a moment, it only requires two people to be online at the same time. And that time can be suited to those two people.

Ladder
Jacob's idea gave me another, similar, thought.

For those that don't know, a ladder is a "league", where players have to beat the player a "rung" (or rank) above them in order to ascend the ladder, where they will eventually challenge to be king of the ladder i.e. #1.

Basic rules
1. Players can challenge a player only one rank above them. The challenged player cannot refuse the challenge, for obvious reasons. The two players discuss, via PMs or a forum thread(?) what time and date their match will take place.

2. If the challenger defeats his opponent, their respective ranks switch. So if Rank #11(X) challenged Rank #10(Y), and X won, then X would become #10, and Y would become #11.

3. A player can only play one game at a time. If that player has been challenged already, he cannot challenge the player above until he has finished his other game. Similarly, if a player has challenged the rank above, he cannot be challenged by the rank below until their match is over. Otherwise, complications could occur.

4. Rank #1 in the ladder cannot issue challenges.

I'm not organising the Duelboard ladder thing if it takes place, so I will not state match rules, those are just general ladder rules that I am aware of. I assume the initial ranking will be constructed by rating points, and then the non top list players can register, and they will be ranked in order of registration.

I like Jacob's idea, however since it is only "champion and challenger", then many people (especially the weaker players) will not have an opportunity to participate.

This should be a more realistic way to rank players as opposed to the rating system, because of cheating.

I hope the tournament directors will take this into consideration ;D

The_Gu3st

I offer my sincere apologies Guest.

Mmmkay. Trust me, I was much more riled up, as if you couldn't tell. (I still am, no clue why, but atm, everyone in the world besides a few people are faggots)

Quote from: MathWiz20 on June 06, 2006, 02:12:25 PM
Guest if you're gonna be rude and off-topic, then I will be too.

Why don't we finally get Mike banned then, but if EVERYONE cheats like you say, then why don't you ban us all?  Seriously Guest, I do not cheat.  I'd like to win my way to #1 fair and square, and it pisses me off when people appear above me whom I KNOW cheats but seems to be allowed to be let alone by everyone.

Did you know that some of my point were obtained illegitimately? No, I highly doubt you did as I went around it pretty well. And they weren't completely illegit, they were half-assed earned which I refuse to give details about.

You don't cheat. Cool. You have the biggest one, I happen to not give a shit. Cheating and game manipulation has been around since games were invented, and they will never go away. Learn to live with it or slit your wrists. I honestly don't give a flying fuck if MIKE cheats or not, I have no desire to be above him in points.

Seriously you guys, think about it, you're playing a game in which 5 out of the top 10 have quit, and 3 others only play half-assedly. In all honesty, what the hell does it mean to be #1? Its not like you win money, get respect or become cooler (the exception of course is becoming cooler on an internet community with people whom you do not know).

Quote from: MathWiz20 on June 06, 2006, 02:12:25 PM
Like you said Guest, ignorance isn't always bliss.  So don't be ignorant this time.

P.S.  I do feel that we could eventually get tournaments running again, but I think the problem is people think they have nothing left to do once they sign up.  They don't realize that they are COMMITTED to actually SHOWING UP.  *Cough* Guest *Cough*

Your lousy attempt at re-using my "ignorance isn't always bliss" comment failed pathetically. It makes no sense towards the topic and pretty much doesn't make sense in general. GG.

As for showing up for tournaments, I refuse to provide the background story on why I was not there, but some things happen to be more important to me that a computer game in which even if I had fucking showed up, you guys were still two people short. Therefore, my absence made no difference what so ever.

If you could get an overflow of sign ups, you're more likely to have an actual tournament. Oddly enough, I organized and held two tournaments because I was able to get an overflow of people.

I can tell you that I work hard on trying to make as many people sign up as I can. But I can't make them show.

You do not work hard. I went above and beyond my call of duty to get people to sign up. I found a working spambot, spammed forums, provided almost hourly updates and what-ever-the-fuck-else-I-don't-remember.

In conclusion, I'm done with this shit. Have fun and take care, especially the constant forum posters whom I got to know so well.

In other words: Dodger, Gut, Bakster, Hafer, eddie, Matlu, ZZ, Parsley, and yes, even you ults. Take care.

Over and Out.
(Sent moments after my admittance post, ~11 hours ago)

(Click to enlarge, duh.)

Bakster

Sheesh, you're becoming a bitter jackass. Well, I can't complain, I enter phases like that all the time ;D

Bye Guest, miss ya :-*

Jacob50

First about the playing format -
QuoteAs has been demonstrated several times, it is nearly impossible to gather a "large" amount of people at the same time.
This seems to be the msot important issue, on an not so popular game like this it is really nearly impossible to gather enough people. Tourneys are more fun, but the leauge or baksters ladder thingy only need two at the same time, thats why I think they should at least be tried. The ladder idea is good, but slightly more complicated then just having a curent champ who anyone can challange. I dont see how the weaker players wouldnt get to participate. Anyone who checks this forum can. They would, of course, lose to the champ, but they would at least get practice against a better player. I really think this could be done, at least some kind of beta version of the leauge, whether it would be just the champion and defender or the ladder but someone needs to organize it (make a nice post with everything, maybe dodger would be so nice? ;))

As for guests post - why did you even bother to post that?
No point really, nobody really cares about your cheating or asking for deletion...
Seriously you guys, think about it, you're playing a game in which 5 out of the top 10 have quit, and 3 others only play half-assedly. In all honesty, what the hell does it mean to be #1? Its not like you win money, get respect or become cooler (the exception of course is becoming cooler on an internet community with people whom you do not know).
Then why did YOU play the game? Surely not becasue you think its fun.

The_Gu3st

Quote from: Jacob50 on June 06, 2006, 10:24:28 PM
Then why did YOU play the game? Surely not becasue you think its fun.

That's why I did play the game you ignorant dumb fuck. For fun. Not to be #1. Jesus Titty Fucking Christ, learn to read.

Jacob50

Stupid bitch, you said you cheated for points, that doesnt seem like fun to me.

The_Gu3st

I cheated to get a higher seed for a tournament. Sounds like you need to start thinking. You're the shittiest excuse of a person I've ever met.

Jacob50

QuoteInsert Quote
I cheated to get a higher seed for a tournament. Sounds like you need to start thinking.
What diference does it make?
You have not met me. Fuck off guest. If you cant reply without being rude, just dont at all...

Bakster

Quote from: The_Guest on June 06, 2006, 10:39:51 PM
I cheated to get a higher seed for a tournament. Sounds like you need to start thinking. You're the shittiest excuse of a person I've ever met.

ROFL! You're good at being an evil bastard ;D

MathWiz20

Guest, cursing doesn't improve your arguments, they don't make them at all more convincing.  They don't make them SOUND more convincing either.

The point of the game is to have fun, but I think EVERYONE can agree that winning is more fun than losing and when I see myself rise on the leaderboard, it is because I'm winning and therefore I'm having fun.  The higher I am on the leaderboard, the more fun I must have had cumulatively.

It is not fun to try to chase someone on the leaderboard who is cheating, but it is much for satisfying to catch someone who is legitimately also trying their best, no matter how often they play.  Guest, if you don't care about Mike, then why not just get him banned.  What do you care anyway?

I think it IS satisfying to be number 1 on the leaderboard even if Gut doesn't play anymore.  If it weren't satisfying to win, even in front of an internet community that you don't know, then why else would you offer a tournament winner a photo and a quote to brag to other internet players?

You're a big hypocrite Guest, we may share the same birthday, but not much else...
I am a firm believer that the integral of e^x = f(u)^n, or, in mathematical notation: sex = fun.

The_Gu3st

Quote from: MathWiz20 on June 06, 2006, 11:38:49 PM
Guest, cursing doesn't improve your arguments, they don't make them at all more convincing.  They don't make them SOUND more convincing either.

I don't fucking care.

You're a big hypocrite Guest, we may share the same birthday, but not much else...

Actually, I'm not a hypocrite. Everything you stated in your post was 100% true, although I fail to see how it proves I am a hypocrite.

The picutre and a quote thing was not my idea. I don't even know whose it was, but it was either Gut's or Tiraspols.

The whole point/cheating thing got highly blown out of proportion. It's not like a cheated for most of my points, not even 9/10 of my points were obtained illegitimately. Once again, I refuse to give details. What's in the past stays there and I am a non-factor now anyways.

Guest, if you don't care about Mike, then why not just get him banned. What do you care anyway?

I was not standing up for him nor was I accusing him. I know nothing about him. I personally do not know that he cheats nor do I have any reason to believe he does. Get solid proof or get the fuck off his ass, I would not appreciate being accused of cheating constantly if the person accusing me had nothing to show for his beliefs. Your stupid post in "General Discussion" about him cheating was a steaming pile of horse shit. It showed me nothing besides a sarcastic remark from MIKE and a vindictive attitude from your part. Stop it.

----------------------------------------

I have no desire to continue this argument even though it is so pleasing. I no longer give a rat's ass about DB/CB. It is in the past for me, so get off my ass too. All this started because I told Jacob50 that his idea was a bad excuse for his existence, and I meant it out of all honesty. I was trying to provide my understanding of what feedback is. If you expect everyone in life to be nice to you and kindly tell you that "your idea is not very good" then you need to go live a little. I am not here to make you happy, I am here to make myself happy. I can't bother to give half a thought to how I make you feel when I press these keys. I care about very few people that post here or that play this game, and my opinion is subject to change about those people whenever I see fit. Consider that your heads up if there's ever a next time.

I am not trying to offend you, this is my personality, I am a jackass and I always have been. I am not asking you to tolerate my attitude, nor am I asking you to reject it, I am simply using my right to speak my mind. We are both entitled to our opinions, no matter how much better mine is.

SiR gUt

guest is having his period.

Guest, I would try a lot harder to get people to the tournaments but there really isnt a point because even when we do try to get people, they still dont show up. Guest even when you recruited people, we still had to recruit people 10 mins before those 2 tournys.
We bought a website, worked on a website, had forums, and sign up sheets. When we announce a tournament, it should not be our job to recruit people. WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT!! FOR US TO HOLD YOUR HAND WHILE YOU PLAY THE GAME!! We have tournaments on sunday beacuse most people work during the week, including myself.

The picture idea is just a reward you get for winning a tournament, hence the name Hall Of Fame.

FACT TO THE MATTER, THIS GAME ISJUST NOT BIG ENOUGH TO RUN TOURNAMENTS

I like to be in first place because it shows who the best player in cyber battles really is (OF COURSE ME) ;) so anybody who will like to pass me, be my guest because I will just end up passing you back. When your in first place it just starts to get boring because there isnt any motivation to pass someone. So to all the people out there who is trying to get in first, remember your probably just going to quit.
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

The_Gu3st

SiR gUt

THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA