• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Rook Rule

Started by Bakster, May 28, 2006, 09:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bakster

I was playing a nice casual game of Rook...

The trump suit was green, setspry played a 14 red, I played the Rook and successfully blocked their bid of 90.

People started asking about reds. I had one red card, and when I played it, my opponents left the table.

Setspry proceeded to follow me to a table, saying that I play 'rto', and chasing everyone away.

What am I missing here? As far as I can see, everything I did was perfectly OK.

And whilst I'm ranting about rook, people can just leave the table in the middle of a game and not worry about losing rating points.

The game should be terminated if someone leaves and the points are awarded/deducted as normal.

matlu

- it is some game variation, which most people seem to prefer. I'm not 100% sure, but it looks like you are not allowed to play Rook, if you can follow the leading suit with some other card. Maybe I'm wrong. You better ask some experienced player.

QuoteAnd whilst I'm ranting about rook, people can just leave the table in the middle of a game and not worry about losing rating points.

When you sign in it writes a message in big letters saying that rating is unfinished, and not working properly. I just created the first version today.

MathWiz20

I've done a little interrogation of the local rook fanatics:

Q: What is rto?
A: Rto stands for Rook Trump Only, meaning that the rook bird card may only be used when trump is led.

Q: What is boat?
A: Boat stands for Bid Over Any Time, meaning that your partner gives you permission to outbid him/her if you feel you have an easily made hand and both opponents have passed.

Any other abbreviations I come across I will post what they mean.  Most people prefer the rto rule even though the original rook rules say you are allowed to play the rook bird card at any time.  If you have any other questions, just ask.
I am a firm believer that the integral of e^x = f(u)^n, or, in mathematical notation: sex = fun.

Bakster

Quote from: MathWiz20 on May 29, 2006, 04:19:37 AM
I've done a little interrogation of the local rook fanatics:

Maybe I should've done that, but I couldn't be bothered and I was too busy being hated.

Quote from: Mathwiz20Q: What is rto?
A: Rto stands for Rook Trump Only, meaning that the rook bird card may only be used when trump is led.

Q: What is boat?
A: Boat stands for Bid Over Any Time, meaning that your partner gives you permission to outbid him/her if you feel you have an easily made hand and both opponents have passed.

Any other abbreviations I come across I will post what they mean.  Most people prefer the rto rule even though the original rook rules say you are allowed to play the rook bird card at any time.  If you have any other questions, just ask.

Ty, I have also heard "tram" a few times, I will get back to you all on that.

Bakster

Q: What is "tram"?

Tram = The Rest Are Mine. Self explanatory, really.

Dodger

As far as I was aware, the Rook should be played exactly as any other trump.
ie. You can only play it if you can't follow suit.
That's what I read anyway..

lil2cocky4u

BAKSTER IT SOUNDS LIKE THEY WENT ABOUT IT IN THE WRONG WAY OF LETTING YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DONE WRONG. THEY SHOULD OF EXPLAINED IT TO YOU NOT FOLLOW YOU AND JUST MAKE REMARKS. SOME PEOPLE DONT KNOW AND IF THE GAME IS NOT SET UP SO YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW WHAT IS LED OUT WITH. ALOT OF PPL  CAN MAKE THE MASTAKE OF TRUIMPING CARDS EVEN THOU THEY HAVE THAT SUIT. BUT IF ANYONE MAKES THAT MASTAKE. THE RIGHT THING TO DO IS APPOLIGIZE AND QUIT FOR THE OTHER TEAM WIN'S & GET'S THE RANKING FOR THAT GAME. I HAVE DONE THAT BEFORE. IT'S BAD BUT MASTAKES DO HAPPEN . (YOU DONT WANT TO MAKE THIS MASTAKE OFTEN CAUSE THEN NOONE WANT TO BE YOUR PARTNER}
BUT ANYWAYS  THE MAIN THING TO REMBER IS IF YOU GOT THE COLOR IN YOUR HAND THAT IS LED YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW THAT SUIT. IF YOU DONT HAVE THE COLOR THAT IS LED THEN YOU CAN TRUIMP IT .
IN OTHER WORDS IF Setspry WAS FIRST TO LED OUT WITH RED AND WHEN IT CAME YOUR TURN . IF YOU HAD RED YOU WAS SUPPOSE TO PLAY IT. NOT TRUIMP IT. {FOLOW SUIT THAT WAS LED} BUT IF YOU HAD NO REDS THEN IT WAS FINE TO TRUIMP IT ARE THROW WHAT EVER.
I HOPE THIS HELPED AND NOT MAKE IT MORE CONFUSSING.
I DO AGREE THAT IF ANY TEAM MEMBER LEAVES BEFORE THE GAME IS OVER. THE OTHER TEAM SHOULD WIN THE GAME AND
THE RANKING FOR THAT GAME. IT'SNOT FAIR TO THE PLAYER'S TEAMMATE THAT DID NOT QUIT. BUT IF YOU PLAY ENOUGH YOU LEARN  WHO NOT TO PLAY WITH CAUSE THEY QUIT.AND I KNOW MATLU IS STILL WORKING ON THE SITE. SO IT WILL GET BETTER .

Bakster

THANKS FOR THAT CONTRIBUTION. I QUIT ROOK NOW SO I DONT CARE. TAHNKS ANYWAY!

matlu

As final solution, I will make it optional when creating a table - there will be another button below the button to make the game (un)rated