• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

rook possible help

Started by sarah120170, June 02, 2006, 10:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarah120170

Hello,

I played on games.com when it was in Beta until roughly late 2004. It was owned by infogram.com and Bruno Parnell is still the owner as far as I know. I am in law school in the state of Ohio and can access any © laws which are federally managed. I am also a website designer. Games.com used jJavaapplets as you know from the posts in here. One thing I have learned, without proper servers, running anything in jJavaAND loading it with graphics will slow dial up and cause great lag. This is a "you can not have your cake and eat it too" program. The duel board room is great and the lag is very minimum. What I think you could improve is a few things:

1. This forum should be linked to the rook log-in page. I found this finally through ggoggle We can donate to help rook improve. I had asked many times in the lobby if there was a paypal bank for donations. I found it on here.

2. Reversi is not a game anyone is playing. Is it possible to add a second lobby for rook in the Reversi room? Seems that it would work. We are stuck with 100 people and last night many players could not get in because the room was full.

If I can help on the legal side please let me know. I also would be happy to design graphics but again I warn against many graphics for the fear of lag. I would rather have a functional site to play rook on then a pretty one that never loads.

Respectfully,

Sarah120170

matlu

Hello,

QuoteIf I can help on the legal side please let me know
It would be great if you could find out what is current legal status of Rook game. All I know is, that Parker brothers started to sell this game in 1906, and they patented it in 1910. The company changed owner several times, and currenlty it's owned by Hasbro since 1991. I have really no idea about current legal status of Rook game.

QuoteReversi is not a game anyone is playing. Is it possible to add a second lobby for rook in the Reversi room?
I'm not going to remove Reversi (in fact I'd like to add more games, both board and card games), but I will create another lobby for Rook. Just give it a week or two please. Currently there is limit 100 players per lobby (it has some good reason).

QuoteWe can donate to help rook improve. I had asked many times in the lobby if there was a paypal bank for donations. I found it on here.

This would be *very* helpful, and greatly appreciated. Feel free to use the paypal link on the front page ( www.duelboard.com )

QuoteThis forum should be linked to the rook log-in page
This website is at the moment in not very good shape. I will have to redesign it - when I have some spare time. At the moment I'm very busy with rook improvements... and my full-time job as well.

QuoteI also would be happy to design graphics
this would be also helpful. I'll send you an email.

Quotebut again I warn against many graphics for the fear of lag
no worries about this, I'm really trying hard to make this site as "lighweight" as possible

zzboots

just fyi, games.com is now owned by AOL.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

sarah120170

Ty for AOL info I should have guessed that from the AOL tags....heres my sign! lol.

Matlu,

I would be more then happy to help the website and work on design. Email me and we will get started asap...as our schedules allow. When we spoke earlier I did not realize you meant the main web. No problem. Talk with you soon--oh I added you to my address book so your not Junk anymore LOL! "Humor is good food for the soul" Socrates...a very long long time ago lol.