• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Announcement

Started by Bakster, August 05, 2006, 03:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MathWiz20

Time for me to offer my opinion, whether you like it or not...

Something that doesn't usually happen to me actually happened.  I agree with zz!  Yes, it's true.  I actually agree with zz, despite our general feuding.  Want to know why?

I play rook every once in awhile, and I also believe that it is a good game that is continuing to improve with matlu's work.  I think if there were a time limit on a person to play a card every time their turn would come around, I'd be completely satisfied with rook since sore losers would be eliminated.  I like rook for another reason.  The people are friendly.  They don't abuse newcomers by asking them to cyber.  Aside from a few sore losers, everyone wishes each other good luck all the time and says good game and doesn't insult people and curse all the time.  They make newcomers feel welcome if it is their first time.  That's why rook is always crowded, and why I continue to come back to play.

Obviously, our group of cyber battles players don't stand up to rook players.  Why?  Because zz is right, we scare them away.  We curse and are immature and aren't willing to welcome newcomers to the forums or the game.  Instead, most of the time new people are preyed upon by experienced players for easy points, as indicated by insane winning percentages of some on the high scores.  New people are cursed at by immature forum posters with signatures and avatars full of foul language.  All this proves is that some people can't act their age.  When people on the forums ask questions, their threads are spammed with long posts that stretch the screen and make it impossible to read, or simply with curses.

The forums are dead, I agree, and they will not come back to life either when they are filled with immature people who are cruel and abusive.  Cyber battles can be saved.  How?  By actually playing it.  Make it seem like it's a popular game.  All to often people come in and see 0 people playing and 0 people waiting, so they leave thinking cyber battles is a big flop.  All of you big forum junkies, most of you don't even play cyber battles anymore.  So why would you expect others to play?  At least 20 of the top 30 on cyber battles no longer play, many of those are you big forum junkies.  I don't blame matlu anymore for not continuously updating cyber battles, it truly isn't worth his time if you forum junkies don't play and simply complain instead.

Yes it's true that the only new game to ever have people on it is rook.  That doesn't have to always be the case.  I'd love to play euchre, or spades, or chess, or any of the other games up there.  All the room needs is one person waiting in it, and then more people will come in out of curiosity, and before you know it games will be formed.  So I told you before zz, I'll play euchre anytime, it shouldn't be that hard to find 2 more people to play.  What is that last ? block going to be filled with on the new games list?  Maybe hearts, that would be great, but certainly not cyber battles until people grow up a little.  I don't know exactly all of your ages, I'm going into college at the end of this month, and I'll guess that most of you are somewhere near my age, yet you certainly don't act like it.
I am a firm believer that the integral of e^x = f(u)^n, or, in mathematical notation: sex = fun.

SiR gUt

I totally agree with math... Grow up. starting with the guest. I say matlu Banns the guest IP address unless he stops having his period
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

Dodger

Dodger < Not involved.

But I agree, in the most part with Math.

*I have done a minimal amount of complaining. I am very gratefull to Matlu for everything. Just dissapointed that CB never took off*

Sorry all.  :-*

Bakster

Quote from: MathWiz20 on August 07, 2006, 10:43:11 PM
Yes it's true that the only new game to ever have people on it is rook.  That doesn't have to always be the case.  I'd love to play euchre, or spades, or chess, or any of the other games up there.  All the room needs is one person waiting in it, and then more people will come in out of curiosity, and before you know it games will be formed.

It's not as easy as you think. I've tried that (with connect 4), but nobody came. It is true that I am quite impatient but it's still not easy to get people onto those games, in the same way that it's not easy getting people to come to CB.
It will be even harder to find 4 people to play the new card games. I am pretty certain that Spades has not been touched since it was implemented.

Quote from: MathWiz20What is that last ? block going to be filled with on the new games list?  Maybe hearts, that would be great, but certainly not cyber battles until people grow up a little.  I don't know exactly all of your ages, I'm going into college at the end of this month, and I'll guess that most of you are somewhere near my age, yet you certainly don't act like it.

I didn't used to play Rook that much (I have quit now), but not everyone there is an angel as you may assume. When I first joined (before bothering to look up the rules), people quit the game because they knew I didn't know how to play. Yeah, really helpful. There is also the incident where two people refused to make a move because they were about to lose and accused me and my partner of cheating.

Unfortunately, it is true that a lot of immature people play(ed) CB. But most of the cursing idiots I have experienced on CB never posted in the forums. Almost all of the "forum junkies" are very pleasurable to play in CB. We may act like jackasses in the forums, some more than others (*cough* Guest *cough*), but we don't act like that when new members come to the forums. Not generally.

This is the Internet, not real life. People can act how the fuck they want and get away with it. I'm not saying that makes cursing etc. right, but that behaviour is much easier. I'm 17, but I still consider myself immature. Do I act immature in real life with my friends? No. Do I act immature on the Internet with people I don't know and will never meet? Yes.

Anyway, back to the games. CB, along with Rook, are the only original games on this website. They are the prime factors for attracting more people. So Spades, Euchre, Hearts, Checkers, and Chess are on this site, so what? People can just go to Yahoo Games or any other big gaming site for those games (which I do).
This is why I think CB should be put on the front page.

Even though it may not seem like it, I greatly appreciate everything matlu has done. I may have not originally played CB, but it is still a good, fun game (as long as I don't lose too much  :D ). It is my suggestion that something should be done to remove the idiots (Curse word filters, IP bans), and that CB should be moved to the front page.

And whatever happened to the RPG MUD game?

Dodger

matlu

Again:
- I created Rook, many people like it, many people play it, which is a good thing, and a very good reason to improve it further. Most players are nice, there is also fair share of idiots, well that's life, it's not going to change.
- there are also other games without players. It's my top priority now to get more playeres to play them. If you have any cool marketing idea then let me know.
- I like cyberwars/cyberbattles, please realize that I spent at least half a year working on it,  but it's not possible to work on it at the moment.
- I would port cyberbattles to be one of the "new" games on the front page, but it will require a lot of programming. I really need to get stable players for other games first.
- thread locked