• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

(Matlu) Help with Myspace

Started by matlu, October 04, 2006, 07:40:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matlu

Hello, I'm looking someone with little html skills to create a simple(!) myspace page for duelboard. Basically it should only contain the duelboard logo and few sentences inviting people to it.

It would be good if you knew some tricks how to make myspace page look nice, I have no time to investigate it :(

Dodger

I'll do it. Give me 'till the end of the weekend. Then I'll post you the link.

anima

That is a really good publicity manoeuvre, bravura matlu

matlu

QuoteThat is a really good publicity manoeuvre, bravura matlu

thank you. I want to put link on duelboard and ask people to add "duelboard" to their myspace friends. I got inspired by nVidia - they have similar thing on page where you download video drivers :)

QuoteI'll do it. Give me 'till the end of the weekend. Then I'll post you the link.

cool. I have already created myspace.com/duelboard so please just create it on any temporary account and I will transfer it later.
I think it should have blue background, same as the frontpage, and should have same logo with darker-blue background, and some simple text under it. I can send you the logo picture, or you can probably grab it yourself from the webpage.
And I know there are ways to turn off some myspace elements so the page looks better, but I don't know how :) if you can do it please do it.

anima

This is what duelboard has needed. I have been talking to old players and they are always reluctant to come back due to lack of players.

Myspace is a very popular site and hopefully this could draw in a lot of new players. I will do my best to promote this site the best i can on myspace :)

anima

Also, i don't know how we would go about this but it would also be wise to get some promotion on youtube.

I could make a trailer for duelboard using some screenshots, titles and music of your choice.

Then have a page that would give further detail

Dodger

Quote from: matlu on October 04, 2006, 11:18:20 AM
cool. I have already created myspace.com/duelboard so please just create it on any temporary account and I will transfer it later.
I think it should have blue background, same as the frontpage, and should have same logo with darker-blue background, and some simple text under it. I can send you the logo picture, or you can probably grab it yourself from the webpage.
And I know there are ways to turn off some myspace elements so the page looks better, but I don't know how :) if you can do it please do it.

Okay.  :) It's a good idea.

Dodger

Okay, heres the code I came up with, for the colour scheme and styles:

<style type="text/css">table, tr, td {background-color: transparent;}body {background-attachment: fixed;background-color: rgb(0, 148, 210);}table table {border: 0px;}table table table table {border: 0px;background: none;}table table table {border-width: 4px;border-color: rgb(0, 78, 124);border-style: solid;background-color: rgb(197, 230, 255);}table table, table table tr, table table td {background-color: transparent;}table table tr, table table td {border: none;border-width: 0;}table table table table td {filter: none;}table table table td {MozOpacity: 1;KHTMLOpacity: 1;opacity: 1;filter: alpha(opacity:100);}a.redlink:link, a.redlink:active, a.redlink:visited {color: rgb(0, 148, 210);}.nametext {text-decoration: ;font-size: 17px;font-weight: bold;font-style: normal;font-family: verdana;color: rgb(0, 50, 153);}.btext {color: rgb(0, 148, 210);}table, tr, td, li, p, div {}table, tr, td, li, p, div, table table table td b, table table table td {text-decoration: ;font-weight: normal;font-style: normal;font-family: verdana;}.orangetext15 {font-style: normal;color: rgb(0, 148, 210);}.whitetext12 {font-style: normal;color: rgb(0, 148, 210);}.lightbluetext8 {font-style: normal;color: rgb(0, 148, 210);}span.blacktext12 {visibility: visible !important;background-color: transparent;background-repeat: no-repeat;background-position: center center;font-size: 0px;letter-spacing : -0.5px;display: block !important;width: 306px;height: 50px;background-image: url('http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/6480/banner5wi2.gif');}span.blacktext12 img {display: none;}
td.text td.text table table table td a img {width:100px;}
td.text td.text table table table td div img {width:80px;}
td.text td.text table table td img {width:260px; max-width:260px; width:auto;}
td.text td.text table table td div img {width:80px;}
* html td.text td.text table table td img {width:260px;}
* html td.text td.text table table td a img {width:90px;}
* html td.text td.text table table td div img {width:80px;}
</style>
<style type="text/css">
div.layoutbutton {
    border: 2px solid rgb(130,232,254);
    background-color: rgb(35,166,254);
    width: 148px;
    text-align: right;
    padding: 4px 0px;
    position:fixed;
    _position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    right: 0px;
}

div.layoutbutton a {
    display: block;
    padding: 2px 10px;
    margin: 0px;
    color: white;
    font-size: 10px;
    font-style: normal;
    text-decoration: none;
}

div.layoutbutton a:visited {
    color: white;
}

div.layoutbutton a:hover {
    color: rgb(225,0,255);
    background-color: rgb(0,151,253);
}

div.layoutbutton h1 {
    padding: 0px;
    margin: 0px;
    text-align: center;
}

div.layoutbutton h1 a {
    font-size: 12px;
    color: rgb(255,240,0);
    font-style: bold;
}

div.layoutbutton h1 a:visited {
}

div.layoutbutton h1 a:hover {
    background-color: transparent;
    text-decoration: underline;
}
</style>

When you are signed in, if you click edit, and paste that code into the "About Me" section, then it should work.

I tried to make it as much like the homepage as I could. If you want the colours exactly, then you will have to tell me their codes (I couldn't seem to find them in the HTML for the homepage  :-\).

Anyway, tell me if you like it, and if you want me to change it in any way, or if you want me to write anything for it?

matlu

Dodger

:P I don't like it when people spell my name wrong.

Have you tried it out then Matlu? Is it okay?

matlu

I tried it and I think I will tune it up a bit. At the moment I'm trying to understand what is all that code at the beginning for. Thank's again

Dodger

Changes the border around all the boxes to a nice DB blue. Changes various font colours and background colours.

The_Crusade

Dodger

Matlu, you have to accept the people that want to add you. That's how word spreads on Myspace  :P

I'll have a look at the things you asked me for tonight, I have some free time.

<EDIT> Are you going to add some pictures/screenshots by the way? And is this for Cyber Battles as well as your new games?

matlu

oh, I didn't know I have to accept the people. Anyway, I have to work on it a bit yet, I had no time do far :(  When it's finished I will put the link somewhere on the webpage.