• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Rules For DuelBoard Rook

Started by PinkPlayDoh, October 06, 2006, 03:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PinkPlayDoh

Let's quickly go over the rules.

1) No cussing in the lobby. Why no cussing? Simply because not everyone on the site wants to see cussing while they are playing or talking to a friend. Why not tell them to go to another site? Because we want EVERYONE to stay, play and have fun.

2) No flooding the lobby. What is flooding? The continuous use of a letter, quote, phrase, or anything else that clears out the lobby. (This excludes TD's when announcing tournies). Why no flooding? Flooding overloads the server and makes the game lag.

3) No cussword-nics or inappropriate nics. What’s inappropriate? If you make a nic and have to wonder, “Will my nic offend someone?,” it is most likely offensive/inappropriate so just don’t make it.

4) What are the consequences? A boot is usually just for cussing(initial offense) or a bad nic. Anything excessive is then used for a ban. Also, any nic found inappropriate will be disabled.

If people are upset or think this is somewhat childish, remember there was a time when hardly anyone was getting booted, muted, or kicked. Since things aren’t getting better and complaints are coming in about abusive language/nics are coming in more often, this was the remedy. These booting/banning will ease up when the complaints and disrespect ease up.

Remember that Matlu was never obligated to make this site and that he spends his spare time fixing it up for you and me. Also remember that it is HIS site and whatever he says goes whether it seems unfair to you or not; this is not a democracy. We should all just be thankful there is a place we can play and stop sweating the little things.

PinkPlayDoh
"Speak to me only with your eyes." Led Zeppelin

Whompyyyy

HUMMMMMMMMMM........ Pink you have restored my faith in the Alabama Education System :o

Well done missy!!!!

PinkPlayDoh

[color=Purple]Coming from you, Whompy, that's like a big accomplishment. I appreciate the faith! [/color]   ;D

FireBird

ok so im guessing that a naked nic would be inappropriate ...so how come i am still seeing them in the lobby???????????????????? i just saw one in there like 5 seconds ago

PJisRookAttic

Quote from: Whompyyyy on October 06, 2006, 05:12:11 AM
HUMMMMMMMMMM........ Pink you have restored my faith in the Alabama Education System :o

Well done missy!!!!

PinkPlayDoh

Fire, you shouldn't worry about "Naked" nics in the lobby. The moderators can't possibly be there all day to babysit so that's why you saw that one. I'm sorry you are still angry over that banning, but don't you think it's time to talk about something else? Ppl wanted rules, I made rules. Now ppl are still complaining about the rules. It's a no-win situation with Duelboard.

FireBird

im not upset about the banning any more... its over with... i just had a question about the naked nic thats all... and you still havent been clear on whether or not naked nics are allowed... i need a yes or no

PinkPlayDoh

Matlu said the other day that Naked nics needed to be used in lobby 3 only. Why? Because people will come in with their Naked nics as well as regular nics at the same time and it will give ppl less of an opportunity to play because of the full lobbies.

You should ask Matlu if you can use Naked nics or not. I haven't talked to him about it and I don't really see that it's something serious enough to bring up when we do talk. If you would like to know, email him at duelboard@directbox.com or post here and I'm sure he will be glad to give you a response.

hammike

Matlu said in the lobby (1) naked nics were allowed.  Never said anything about going to a specific lobby.  That was Wednesday or Thursday.
eaten today? thank a farmer!

FireBird

oh well.. i dont use a naked nic so i really dont care... i always thought they were funny anyway... i just wanted you to be more clear on your rules... but you still cant seem to be... lobby 1 or 3???and as for asking matlu... i thought he read these posts??? he could answer me if he wanted...

Dodger

You know what would cure all the moaning? Not having a forum. Bang, problem solved.

PinkPlayDoh

Quote from: PinkPlayDoh on October 07, 2006, 05:05:49 AM
Matlu said the other day that Naked nics needed to be used in lobby 3 only. Why? Because people will come in with their Naked nics as well as regular nics at the same time and it will give ppl less of an opportunity to play because of the full lobbies.

That's what I heard from Matlu about a wk ago.

hammike

Rather then you and I discussing which day he said what, perhaps Matlu could post in here what he expects.  Not only about the naked nics but rules in general.
eaten today? thank a farmer!

Dodger

If he was going to, don't you think he would of posted already?