• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Graphical Updates (nothing new) from T3h_Luggage that aren't in yet.

Started by T3h luggage, October 11, 2006, 10:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T3h luggage

And a few optional ones...  First and Foremost:

PLEASE, Matlu, let me have some of my dignity back from messing it up so badly and use this fixed version!  It's the number 1 graphical problem in the game...

Becomes VVV

I get phyisical pain from looking at the old chibi version...

Becomes VVV

It is better in more ways than one.

becomes VVV

Trying out a new style, which I think works much better, plus a better animation.

And, finally,

matlu

Well, I said I no longer work on cyber battles.
I will put these in, but not before weekend.

Dodger

T3h luggage

Thanks, Matlu, I'm glad to hear it.  Once these get in, I guess I'll be able to mostly retire from the forums, but I'll still play the occasional game of Cyberbattles.

T3h luggage

Hey, Matlu, I had a question...
I don't know squat about programming, or running online games, and I've always wondered what exactly you have to do to change the graphics in-game.  Do you have a sprite folder or file in your server, or what?

flamingdragon

Matlu is much to busy to answer a question like that.

He could be spending his time putting cyber wars on front page.  ;)
Adun Toridas, Executor.

Dodger

Quote from: T3h luggage on October 20, 2006, 03:38:45 AM
I don't know squat about programming, or running online games, and I've always wondered what exactly you have to do to change the graphics in-game.  Do you have a sprite folder or file in your server, or what?

Do you want to FTP to it so Matlu doesn't have to bother about changing them himself, you could do it?  :P
That would be awesome.

T3h luggage

If there were some way that I could update the graphics without Matlu having to do anything, that would be good, because I could then proceed to replace the rest of the original graphics.  I doubt there's any way to do that, though.

Dodger

FTP. Like I said. That's assuming that the graphics are stored in a folder on the server....

matlu

Quote from: T3h luggage on October 20, 2006, 03:38:45 AM

It depends on how the programmer creates it. In cyberbattles, all the monsters are in one big file (picture), commanders are in other file, and buldings are in another file.
So I have to paste the new graphics at right position in the file, then use special tool to convert that file to a special format which the game can read, and then upload the file in special format to the server.

Sorry, I will do it later today when I return home from work.

matlu

Quote from: T3h luggage on October 23, 2006, 09:35:51 PM
What is the format?

It's my own format, created solely for this game.

I put new sprites in, but psi warrior is broken, you shifted some frame incorrectly.

T3h luggage

Snap, I can't beleive I didn't even check them...  I'll fix it.  BTW, is the converter a seperate program that you made?  If it is, could you send it to me so I can do the dirty work if you ever are willing to update the graphics again?

T3h luggage

Sorry to keep bugging you about this, but I have improved so much since I made these I have a virtually irresistable urge to update them.

matlu

Ok I'll put this new version in. I'm not sure about the converter, it would take some effort to make a standalone program out of it. Well, do you plan to make more changes?

<edit> ok, psi warrior looks good now