• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

new player blocked chat

Started by zzboots, October 24, 2006, 02:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ultswordsman2

lol a word list ex.

if you want to say  rto you scroll done the list of words and look for rto click and hit enter then if you want help scroll and look for i  need  help and hit enter after clicking them

so much fun lol

Dodger

But then how does someone help you if they only have a word list to choose from. As in help you learn the rules. Impossible.

matlu

Again.

I don't like blocked chat at all. I don't like it. But at the moment it's the best and easiest solution for a very serious problem.

zzboots

Quote from: matlu on January 03, 2007, 06:47:08 PM
Again.

I don't like blocked chat at all. I don't like it. But at the moment it's the best and easiest solution for a very serious problem.

I know its a tab bit lengthy, I would appreciate it if Matlu and any other skeptical player would read the following information..

Here's a serious problem:

I join a game, playing with a relatively new player( played a few games but couldnt talk) as my partner.

The opponent says rto after game has started.  We go through game and my partner plays rook as wild.  The other team flips out and refuses to play.  (sadly it was no time limit.) so I am left to defend my partner, arguing that the player called rto after game had started and p did not agree to it. (Because she could not talk.)  Opponent stalls the game until my partner finally leaves. (they wanted us to unrate.)  I kept on debating the player, saying that the person had no control over the game and whether or not rook is wild after game has begun.  If they wanted to declare rto and if everyone agreed prior, then my p would have been in error. But since she was unable to communicate her wishes, I was left defending her.  I messaged my opponent and they threatened to get me banned.  They also claimed to be taking screen shots as evidence.  I then receive a personal message from the person's friend.  This person felt the need to criticize me for defending my partner.  He said that I cheated and that I would be banned.  WORSE he pretended to imitate MATLU.  This last action really upset me.

The point of the story isn't whether or not the rook should be wild..

This is just a clear cut example of how player chat restrictions don't help.

Perhaps my partner wanted to play rook as wild, then she could have argued for no rto in the beginning.  (Again, no one specified prior to game starting)

Maybe my partner made an honest mistake. 

At any rate, she was unable to communicate her actions, I was left to defend her.  (And for the record, I did not know this person.)

But we can learn valuable information from this occurrence.  The player restricted in chat was at a huge, unjustified advantage.  The player who was able to chat, ABUSED the privilege.  The blocked chat solved nothing; it complicated things.

In conclusion, Matlu, I beg of you to reconsider the blocked chat.  It does nothing but hurt innocent players while not stopping all the issues.  I know an alternate solution would not be easy, but it would be fairer. 

Will you please consider alternative ideas?
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo