• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Rook problem

Started by yammerhammer, September 29, 2006, 08:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yammerhammer

Ok. I'll try to be as short as possible. I just purchased a new pc. I've played rook on my old pc many times with no problem running windows 98. Now my new pc has XP and the site asks for my password and takes it then ask me what lobby I want to go to. When I choose a lobby it just brings up a blank screen with a small square with a red x in the upper left hand corner and says done at the bottom left. I know it's some kind of setting I need to change but I'm clueless. Any help appreciated.

matlu

Dodger

...  :-[ Why did you delete my post? It said the same as yours...Just a little, blunter...

yammerhammer

I did install java as it was the first thing it said to do if it didnt load, but no difference. Anything else it might be?

yammerhammer

Nevermind. I was doing something wrong when I was downloading. I got it on there now and it works fine. Thank you for the help.

matlu

Quoteit just brings up a blank screen with a small square with a red x in the upper left hand corner

this "red cross" is always a sign that the java is not properly installed. Glad it works now.

QuoteWhy did you delete my post? It said the same as yours...Just a little, blunter...

I replaced it with better link leading directly to download. Your link led to general java page.