• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Turn Advantage

Started by MetalGear822, December 03, 2006, 06:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does first turn have anymore advantage than 2nd player?

Yes
4 (80%)
No
1 (20%)
Yes but 2nd's advantage is greater
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

MetalGear822

Dodger

Not necessarily. Strategies are different.

The_Crusade

I think having first turn gives you an advantage. Not that it matters, I will always lose because of my terrible luck. Even if I am first.

THIS GAME IS 100% LUCK!

flamingdragon

Quote from: Dodger on December 03, 2006, 10:54:03 AM
Not necessarily. Strategies are different.

Yet the stratergies for going first are slightly more advantageous.

Quote from: The_Crusade on December 03, 2006, 01:47:50 PM
THIS GAME IS 100% LUCK!

Do u have that saved to a notepad on your desktop so u don't have to type it out every time?
Adun Toridas, Executor.

MetalGear822

Well if you take the other poll where one word is switched you get 100% for yes as of now I take it they feel first has an advantage.... reason why there worded differently is because i did anticipate different results, people don't like to admit their advantage.

Last turn advantage. You are of course referring to the ability to hologram without opponent detecting. I don't know if this holds true for the idiots but whenever they get close they like to keep a few weak units in front of them to block a hologram, So we have a situation below where each player has two weak units about two three from each other. Lets say they are each aliens 3 strength 3 defence speed two. Second player has to make the decision between and real unit hologram and holo detector. First player has to make decision between real unit and hologram. If 2nd player chooses anything other than hologram player 1 can belt out a queen to blast the blockers and a spider to finish the commander.

I really don't see the advantage but feel free to correct me?
Also remember there are odds against getting all of the big creatures in one hand so if that's your angle I usually get 1-2 creatures to holo.
How many scenarios are there where last turn has the advantage?
If 2nd player chooses anything other than hologram player 1 can belt out a queen to blast the blockers and a spider to finish the commander.