• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Total Connected Player

Started by BlitzJoker, April 09, 2005, 06:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlitzJoker

Currently it shows the total connected players logged into any game, so if theres 5 people playing go-moku and 2 playing cyber battles it will say 7 players connected in the cyber battles lobby. I figured you probably already know this, but I wanted to bring it up just in case.

matlu

Yes I know aboout it. I think that later I'll remove this information from the lobby because it is quite redundant, it was there just for testing.

BlitzJoker

I think its a nice feature, if it wouldnt be too hard to program it so it only shows whos in each game, I would say to keep it.

flamingdragon

Quote from: BlitzJoker on April 09, 2005, 07:06:32 PM
I think its a nice feature, if it wouldnt be too hard to program it so it only shows whos in each game, I would say to keep it.

i agree
Adun Toridas, Executor.

matlu

I don't know. I think that you just see how many players are in the lobby (there is list of players), and you also see how many games are in progress.

I'd say that it would make sense to display it somewhere in game-selecting-screen, next to each button. But I'm not sure if it should display number of waiting players, or if it should also include number of people who are currently playing (or have just created/join new game, which is not started yet).

flamingdragon

Quote from: matlu on April 14, 2005, 11:33:02 AM
I'd say that it would make sense to display it somewhere in game-selecting-screen, next to each button. But I'm not sure if it should display number of waiting players, or if it should also include number of people who are currently playing (or have just created/join new game, which is not started yet).

it should include everyone(in game and in lobby) because if someones in a game you would go in  and wait for it to finish
Adun Toridas, Executor.