• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Gameboy/Gameboy color games on ds?

Started by haferhole1, January 03, 2007, 07:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haferhole1

is there any way to play gb/gbc games on my nintendo ds? i noticed the games wouldnt fit into the slot at the bottom, then i noticed y, a slight difference in gameboy advance and gameboy games

(top- gba game, bottom- gb game)

theres a cut in the gba games, which the ds uses to keep gb games from comming in there. so, being the smart guy i am, i cut the sides off of my pokemon red, cause i wanted to play some old school pokemon.

it worked, to the extent that it fit into the ds now, but the ds said there wasnt a game in it =/

so what i need help with, is it possible to play gb games on a ds? if so, how? i have it cut down already to fit in there

thanks  :)

click my egg to get ur own

The_Crusade

Seriously, how can you think that might possibly work? You've destroyed over half of the technical stuff inside the GB game by cutting it.

haferhole1

no i havnt, i cut the hard plastic, and thats it, i never hit the chip

flamingdragon

It is not possible to play gb/gbc games on a ds.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

The_Crusade

Obviously, but hafer doesn't seem to understand that ::)

haferhole1

y not?? they play in the gameboy advance, play in the sp, y not in the gba slot in ds?

Dodger

They play in the GBA, the SP is the same software as a GBA. The GBA was made Backwards compatible, the DS wasn't.
At least, not for more than one generation of handhelds. Just use a GBA, or emulate it on your computer.

haferhole1

y wouldnt they make the ds have backwords compatibility? thats retarded

Dodger

It's only backward compatible for ONE GENERATION of games. So only for the GBA games. Things are normally like that.

haferhole1

fine, but why!? they already have the technology for that in the game boy micro, cant they fit it into the ds too, to make customers happier?

flamingdragon

Why would they?

That's like the same as having the wii able to play nes games.  ::)
Of course u can download and play nes games on the wii, but seriously, who has old nes games still and wants to play them?
Adun Toridas, Executor.

haferhole1

well, i would, i even have a bunch of nes, but thats different, u would have to jam the wii with ports for all the different systems, with this, the 2 can both fit into the gameboy advance slot, so y shouldnt they make them compatible?

flamingdragon

Because they can do what they want.  ::)
Adun Toridas, Executor.

haferhole1

flamingdragon

Ok, u have pwned me so bad that I will now go cry somewhere.
Adun Toridas, Executor.