• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Star Trek: Legacy

Started by flamingdragon, January 07, 2007, 08:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flamingdragon

This is the best game ever for the 360, omgodz it is teawesomesaurz! And it is super awesome online as well w/ up to 4 players, each w/ up to 4 ships,  and up to 4 teams playing at the same time!

And these two are in-game graphics:

Adun Toridas, Executor.

The_Crusade

flamingdragon

You look gay too, but I never said anything.  ::)
Adun Toridas, Executor.

The_Crusade

That's not what your mother said last night.

flamingdragon

Nice generalization, however she did indeed say that u were gay last night.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

The_Crusade

ROFL you admitted I was with your mother last night. Since you know she said it, you must have been watching. What did you think?

flamingdragon

I indeed did not, I said u made a generalization from England over there that my mother did not say that u were gay last night, implying that u were not even implying u were w/ my mother last night.  8)
Adun Toridas, Executor.

The_Crusade

flamingdragon

Believe it or not, my sentence makes perfect sense.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

The_Crusade

How was my statement a generalisation?

flamingdragon

..............................................................................................I was just saying it was a generalization, meaning u were never w/ my mom yet u assumed that she didn't say u were gay last night.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

The_Crusade

It wasn't a generalisation though. The correct term could be a "lie" or a "falsehood" or an "assumption".

flamingdragon

No, it could be a generalization as she most likely did not say u were gay last night.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

The_Crusade

That doesn't make it a generalisation.

Quotegeneralisation

noun
1.  an idea or conclusion having general application; "he spoke in broad generalities" [syn: generalization] 
2.  the process of formulating general concepts by abstracting common properties of instances [syn: abstraction] 
3.  reasoning from detailed facts to general principles [syn: generalization] 
4.  (psychology) transfer of a response learned to one stimulus to a similar stimulus [syn: generalization] 

I don't see how that fits.

flamingdragon

I do.

Quotegen·er·al·i·za·tion     /ËŒdÊ'É›nÉ™rÉ™ləˈzeɪʃən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[jen-er-uh-luh-zey-shuhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
â€"noun
1.   the act or process of generalizing.
2.   a result of this process; a general statement, idea, or principle.
3.   Logic.
a.   a proposition asserting something to be true either of all members of a certain class or of an indefinite part of that class.
b.   the process of obtaining such propositions.
4.   Psychology.
a.   Also called stimulus generalization. the act or process of responding to a stimulus similar to but distinct from the conditioned stimulus.
b.   Also called response generalization. the act or process of making a different but similar response to the same stimulus.
c.   Also called mediated generalization. the act or process of responding to a stimulus not physically similar to the conditioned stimulus and not previously encountered in conditioning.
d.   the act or process of perceiving similarity or relation between different stimuli, as between words, colors, sounds, lights, concepts or feelings; the formation of a general notion.
[Origin: 1755â€"65; generalize + -ation]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
Adun Toridas, Executor.