• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

As posted on Rocking Rookers

Started by IMCBrianJ, February 19, 2007, 04:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamloops

Hi Yall, let me say first of all that my family has been thrilled to find an online Rook game to play. We did google searches for more than 6 months and searched many websites before we found DuelBoard. We are scattered around the globe and have found a nice reunion through Rook on Duelboard. Rook has always been our family's game and we are now grown and moved all over. We are in Texas, California, Tennessee, British Columbia, Brasil, Indiana and Florida. We love nothing more than a family game with mom and dad and sis and bro all talking on skype and shooting the breeze. (It is even better than playing in person because we do not have to share our snacks!!) It has become a haven for us as we do not see each other often.

All this is to say that we love duelboard and the privilege to play rook together or on our own. I have donated to paypal in the past, but that is not the point. I have told my husband often that if they would charge a monthly or yearly fee for using the game, (first of all I would be more than willing to pay it!!) then people would take it a lot more seriously and it would really cut down on the nonsense that we have to put up with.

If someone gets booted for not obeying the rules, then they should have to pay the fee again to re-register and if they pay enough...they will either give up or take it seriously. We are a family of clean speaking...and appreciate good clean games.

Like many people on here, I have about 10 nics, (some chosen just for fun that I don't really use). Are you considering charging for each nickname or just per computer or what? ***JUST CURIOUS***

Anyway, Matlu, I think you are doing a great job and I have enjoyed the 5 months I have been a member of duelboard. I speak for my entire family when I say that. We have become so much closer tho we are thousands of miles away. I believe they would all be willing to pay what it takes to keep this site up and running.

Hardluckwoman

OMG !!  I swear, I can't believe some of this stuff. 

1st of all... It's a site, there will be a fee to play.  You either pay it or you don't.  Yes, there is such a thing as inflation and so what if the fee goes up... once again, you either pay it or you don't.

2nd of all... You are paying a fee to play on the site, not to tell someone how to run it.   Paying a fee does not entitle anyone to determine the rules, who the mods are, or anything else for that matter... Once again, there's a fee.. you pay it and play, or you don't.

3rd of all... I'm sick to death of hearing how people cannot afford $5.00 a month.  Get real... you obviously pay more than that for internet service.  I'd be willing to bet you eat out at least once a month also that cost more than $5.00.  And if you can't afford it.. I believe Matlu has said that he would try to keep the "guest" option open.  But, I'd be willing to bet... you can come up with $5.00 if that's your only option, we'll see.

4th... I think it is a wonderful idea to charge for playing, it will keep down so much of the crap that goes on in there.  and yes, Matlu, I think a room that is not moderated may be a good idea.. they want to fight.. they can go there!!  If they have problems with the mods... they can go there!!  No one should have any reason to complain then.

javamom

Hardluck, I completely agree with you on everything (even the first statement heehee) except for the last point.  If we are going to have monitors, I don't think there should be one lobby without monitors.  I fear that would become "the" lobby (aka current lobby 1) and we would have the same situation.

Very well said, Hardluck.  And as Kamloops said, bring on the fees Matlu!  I agree people will take this more seriously and we won't have near as much crap as we did at games.com.
-moon

wesleyanmom

As I have stated on the other post link, I apologize for asking questions.  When I asked them, I believed them to be respectful and legitimate.  After seeing some very spiteful responses, I realize that I was wrong.  I now withdraw all questions and will follow blindly.  I apologize!

Hardluckwoman

QuoteAfter seeing some very spiteful responses

My responses were not spiteful, or at least I did not intend them to be :-\.  I find it hard to believe that anyone would expect to have "some say so" in how a site is being run, just because they are required to pay a fee to play.

If you have read all of the posts, then you realize my comments were not directed at you, I'm sorry you took them personal. :(

I mean, I pay for internet service, but I have no say so in who runs it, or who moderates it, or even how much they charge... I thought these things were common sense.  I'm sorry if you misunderstood my posting.

IHaveBird

Good golly, how did this get this far out of hand? I was not spiteful, if indeed this is who the remarks were directed. I wanted to have my feelings understood is all. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE player fees, no matter how much that comes to be. But, I did have a problem with paying the fee, and then being banned later, especially when there would be no reason for the boot, then the ban, as has happened to me previously. IT HAPPENS. I don't care how much they deny that it happens, I KNOW IT DOES. And is it wrong for me to be hesitant under these circumstances. Wesleyann had some great questions, which I hope have been answered for her by Matlu. I say, sure, bring on the player fee so Matlu will be encouraged to keep the site up for us, just be more guarded on what his "site protectors" do.

Teresa
IHaveBird

PrisonPitch

I had to join this and reply after seeing the pathetic remarks in the string.

First I find it pathetic that names are named , IE: Pink  and it stays in the forum. It was made 100% to bash someone, and post should of been deleted and player warned.

Second, Teresa I've watched you constantly harass and start trouble, you try to do it masked but you do it. I've watched you attempt to fight with Pink b4 like you have some apostate power. Ive seen times where shes asked you to please take it out of lobby, then she leaves, and you start to call her names because she isn't there. So don't put on this pathetic act of innocence. I've seen the same type actions out of Feellikeawmn or however her nic is spelled. I am beginning to wonder if you two aren't the same person and you are just hell bent with getting across your harassment one way or another.

You started off by basically calling matlu a communist and totalitarian and a few other choice items in your original slam. You tried to come across as his interests are that of a profiteer. Again several of your comments you tried to do as masked abuse, but you failed in the attempt to shield your true self. You are conniving, thoughtless and a self maniac egotist. You are the true root cause of the problems here and others like you.

Thanks god for MOD's like pink and a few others who see through the ploys of people like you and feellikeawmn and the few others. While you both may not spout the FOUR letter words like the others, you spout your hate  and disrupt the room in other fashions in hopes that the less educated, or those who lack complete comprehension of the English language [sorry matlu] will not understand that you are actually out there attempting to cause as much trouble as your possibly can to get away with it.

I am sure your next step is to start claiming I am matlu or pink posting this. Matlu feel free to post my ip address or review to see I am associated with no one. I am approx a 16 month player and finally decided to sign in because of the foul venom that this woman spouts from grizzled teeth.

I am concerned for the future, but sadly people like Ive mention above are out to destroy by hiding on the sidelines to spread their filth and then claim to be the moral hierarchy.
In my world we call them the FALSE PROPHETS.

Thanks you for the time.
RS

KYMOM

OK I cant sit by any longer.....Matlu  I want to thank you for providing this site.  I have really enjoyed playing...

Now for the play for pay and mod topic......
HEY ROOKERS
we don't run the site, we didn't build the site, we just play and fuss... If Matlu wants/needs to charge so be it...If he becomes a millionaire on your 5 dollars... so be it we can say we knew him before..... I believe it is really kind of Matlu to ask how we feel about things,,,but you know what he doesn't have to......its his site......soooooo stop trashing this person whom has provided us with 2 years of playing rook.....
KYMOM
KY mom

IHaveBird

"Second, Teresa I've watched you constantly harass and start trouble, you try to do it masked but you do it. I've watched you attempt to fight with Pink b4 like you have some apostate power. Ive seen times where shes asked you to please take it out of lobby, then she leaves, and you start to call her names because she isn't there."

What a crock!!!! You have no idea who you are talking to. I NEVER, and I mean NEVER start trouble with people. I never mentioned "anyone's" name. But, now that you have, Pink is nothing but trouble for this whole site. Speaking of hiding, what does the "prisonpitch" stand for? And then to leave something as innnocent as an initial at the end. You are the person who is pathetic. Whatever you have seen out of me in the game, including the lobby, is at the most sarcastic.

Lastly, you need to maybe go back to elemementary school. As it is obvious you do not understand the words that are coming out of my mouth, nor the words I type. My words were this. I DON'T WANT TO PAY TO PLAY, ONLY TO BE BOOTED OR BANNED FOR NO REASON AND MY MONEY BE WASTED. AND THAT WOULD BE DONE BY MODERATORS LIKE PINK, AND "PINK" BEING THE CZAR. NOT MATLU. NOW CHILD, DO YOU UNDERSTAND PLAIN ENGLISH?

IHAVEBIRD
TERESA FIELDS (NOT HIDING)

matlu