• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Favorite Part of CGD?

Started by Sheep, March 20, 2005, 06:31:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What was your favorite part of Castle Games Domain?

Cyber Wars
Battlethings
Crypt
Dungeon
Mystery Monster
Chess
Checkers
Battle Cruisers
Reversi
Mahjong
Pairs
Go Mad
Backgammon

Sheep

Well, duh, what do you think your supposed to do?

TheMcCool

Cyber Wars -the only really good original(sort of) game that Jagex has ever made.

Battlethings -kind of dumb, but I enjoyed coming up with monsters that were good enough to kill things that were a level higher. That's all...

Crypt -kind of pointless, but fun for just chillin and chatting

Dungeon -I don't remember how this was diff. from crypt and MM

Mystery Monster -duuuhhhhh! Oh wow pretty monsters!

Chess -Fun, but chess is always good.

Checkers -same as Chess.(though I prefer Chess)

Battle Cruisers -Boring

Reversi -okay

Mahjong -Huh?

Pairs -teh cybersecks? (I'm serious lol, people went there to do hot chat, not that I know from personal experience.. I overheard people in the lobby...)

Go Mad -I liked it.

Backgammon -Fruity
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

matlu

Quote from: Rainbow McCool on March 20, 2005, 07:50:47 AM
Cyber Wars -the only really good original(sort of) game that Jagex has ever made.

It is VERY far from being original. As I wrote in "about" part, the *more* advanced game already existed in 1984. Sadly, nowadays it's not easy to play, you need ZX spectrum emulator, and it has weird controls (no mouse support of course).
And there are pretty much other clones around. Unfortunately CW was the only usable online-multiplayer clone so far.

Sheep

i got the choices of a screenshot of the game

Hawk

Cyber Wars, Mystery Monster, Crypt, and Dungeon were my favourites.

Cybers Wars- Ridiculously fun
Mystery Monster- The first game I was ever good at... I remember, oh wee little me was so excited when I got over 150 points
Crypt- Pretty original, very fun
Dungeon- I dunno, I just really liked this game.  yeah.

Battle cruisers, quad link, pairs, and reversi weren't too bad either.

Odin

Treasure Crypt got my vote. It was the game that got me hooked at the castle first and I liked how it was non-confrontational (guess Castle Dungeon was too, but that game didn't have any Trolls :-P). After being gone for a while, it was nice to return and play some Cyber Wars and then a little Treasure Crypt, usually against the same people. Of course whoever got lucky (actually got friendly Trolls, found the most Gems, Magic Bows, Magic Swords and anything else that added another 40 points on) usually won it, as it was done by whoever got the highest score at the end of the game (when there were no tiles left). Knowing the lack of originality on Jagex's part, I am guessing it was based on some earlier game (different name, probably different creatures and items).
"You are neither right nor wrong because the crowd disagrees with you, you are right because your data and reasoning are right."
-- Benjamin Graham

ZAPTONE_Z

crypt was also the first game that got me hooked to the castle

(first time i played cyber wars i was 'null' [gotta be pretty old school to remember that bug]) that turned me off to it for ages

T3h luggage

um...
Battlethingz is spelled with a "z"...
Anyway, that was always my favorite game, though I liked CW a lot as well.

matlu

Quote from: zzboots on March 28, 2005, 11:46:35 PM
You are all clearly crazy.  The correct answer is mystery monster.  Only reason I am here is so that I may gather information for jagex.  I will tell them what is going on then they will reward me with unlimited mystery monster games.  The perfect plan.  I can't wait.  :-*

Let's make I deal, when I finish this game, I'll start working on mystery monsters  ;)

matlu

Quote from: zzboots on March 28, 2005, 11:59:39 PM
Do I dare double cross the Jagex power house?  :-\

Lol, if you really want to make one, but sadly there was never any mystery monster fanbase.  I trust your time can be better spent.  If you do make a mystery monster game, I'll play it though.  8)

In fact I have no idea how MM looked like. My plan was to continue with some simplier, yet interesting game (checkers). It could be done quite fast, and could attract some more people. Anyway CW has to be finished first (I think the major part is already done, it won't take long)

TheMcCool

I love playing Chest. Err- Chess.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

BlitzJoker

I think i played MM once and hated it.....but Crypt was fun.

Sheep

you should work on cyrpt before you make mystery monster, youd get more people, although i dont know where youd get all the pictures.

Sheep

its kinda funny how large this poll has gotten.

Ashoc

i think you should just worry about cyberwars for now, just whatever you do, never make a battlethingz game, i despised that game, lol