• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Help with webpage content...

Started by matlu, April 24, 2005, 10:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matlu

So, now it's time, when even people without artistic skills can help  :)

As you noticed, I'm trying to transform this site into at least semi-proffesional looking game site. As I'm not native english speaker, my english is not best. If you think that you have decent knowledge of english grammar, please notify me of any mistakes you find (I don't mean it forum, it is not important, but in game descriptions, and articles, which are not finished yet :) ) I'm already getting tired of working with html, and of typing texts, I'd like to concentrate on programming.

- If you think that you could improve description of Cyber Battles on main page, post it. description for Connect 4 is missing completely, if you can write some, post it. Rules for checkers and Connect 4 are missing. It would be great if somebody could write them. Of course you should be inspired by some rules from internet, but it should not be word-by-word copy. There are plenty of existing rules on internet, just try to search with google (for example you can also find some on http://www.wikipedia.org)

- rules for Cyber Battles has to be written. I know that several people maintain webpages about cyberwars, containing complete instructions for the game - it would be great if you could tweak it for CB. It should be written in tutorial style - it is meant for newbies to be able to play the game! Ideally it should also contain some pictures (althoug they will have to be replaced later, when the graphics is replaced).
Here you can also find original cw rules from gamesdomain, as inspiration: http://www.duelboard.com/inspiration

- perhaps some help/tutorial for game interface should be written (I mean how to login/register, how to create & join game, how to challenge in checkers/Connnect 4)

- any other content is welcome: FAQ, maybe some article about history of Chaos and Cyberwars (I already had something written, I uploaded it into "inspiration folder"). You can also search internet for information about chaos (it's maker is named Julian Gollop, just write this name into google along with "Chaos")

anybody up for it?  :)

zzboots

yes. busy today and tomorrow, but tuesday looks great.  ;D

I like writing. :)
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

Parsley

Perhaps create a folder on this board & enter the required articles as topic titles?

matlu

Quote from: zzboots on April 24, 2005, 10:57:25 PM
yes. busy today and tomorrow, but tuesday looks great.  ;D

I like writing. :)

That's great  :) I think that best task for you would be CB rules?

zzboots

Quote from: matlu on April 25, 2005, 10:21:35 PM
That's great  :) I think that best task for you would be CB rules?

I'll try to get that done asap.  Maybe I should just drop out of school and make millions writing for you?  ;)
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

matlu

Quote from: zzboots on April 26, 2005, 12:16:42 AM
I'll try to get that done asap.  Maybe I should just drop out of school and make millions writing for you?  ;)

Keep your school bag, I'm currently in red numbers :(