• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

white screen

Started by flamingdragon, April 27, 2005, 01:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flamingdragon

I was playing a game and i minimized the internet  and the game screen turned white. It still showed that i was in game to other players though.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

matlu

not sure what do you mean by "minimizing the internet".

Anyway I have no idea what may be the reason. If it doesn't happen again just forget it.
It may be easily some bug in java itself, many versions were buggy.

flamingdragon

by minimizing the internet i mean pressing the button that has a line on it in the upper right corner next to the x.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

matlu

Quote from: flamingdragon on April 27, 2005, 01:25:25 AM
by minimizing the internet i mean pressing the button that has a line on it in the upper right corner next to the x.

you probably mean minimizing your internet browser

flamingdragon

Quote from: matlu on April 27, 2005, 01:32:18 AM
you probably mean minimizing your internet browser

exactly. ;D  wasnt sure what it was called.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

zzboots

This commonly happens to me.  Sometimes when I try to multitask java applets just die on me.  It never happened to me before i reformatted, but now it can sometimes be white screen paradise. :P
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

matlu

This is ALMOST sure some bug in java itself. There are many different versions (also from different vendors) and some hava bugs.

If it happens again, please try to look to java console, and if there is something interesting post it to me. (If you don't know how to open java console just forget about it. It should be possible to access it somewhere in menu of your interenet browser, in Internet Explorer it should be in Tools/Sun Java console  *or*  View/Java console  depending on version you are using)

flamingdragon

Adun Toridas, Executor.

BlitzJoker

Ehhh, sorry I didn't even notice that anyone else ever posted about this.  ???