• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

how to report abuse

Started by matlu, April 30, 2005, 03:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matlu

many people complained about abuse, I had to do something about it. From now you can report abusers.

How to do it: just write to the chatbox:
/report nick_name
- it has to begin with slash (/)
- it works also on guests
- it will store ip's of both involved people, along with snapshot of their recent chat
- subsequently I can ban the nickname AND/OR ip address

PLEASE:
- don't report straight away. Try to warn the person about possible consequences first

ZAPTONE_Z

hopefully people dont abuse the report abuse function

matlu

Quote from: ZAPTONE_Z on April 30, 2005, 08:32:52 PM
hopefully people dont abuse the report abuse function

ip & nickname of person who used this function is also stored

picolo

HEY ZAPTONE_Z i remember u from CW at GD. And i think i have memories of u at RS but who knows. Do u remember me?

sabre_king05

i was deleted for cheating with no warning why? :'(

matlu

Quote from: sabre_king05 on July 28, 2005, 01:14:55 AM
i was deleted for cheating with no warning why? :'(

Your behaviour was extremely unfair (if you remember two little games with a guest yesterday) and I'm not going to tolerate it.

waylan

i think one warning is appopriate we all get a little angry sometimes =)

sabre_king05

I have given up my old ways even though all i said was alt+left i apologise to the rest of users for my inapprioriate behaviour.

Slayer_Z

I always thought alt left was fair game, I fell for it when I was new. it was almost like a right of passage back in the day. But its not my game to set the rules, thats just my opinion
OH MY GOD, WE KILLED KENNY.
WERE BASTARDS

Bakster

Dodger

Quote from: Bakster on September 27, 2005, 06:22:25 PM
alt+left...?

Makes you browser go 'back'. Like pressing backspace.

No it is not fair game, in any way. People trying to get point like that should be considered cheaters.

Busybyeski

And exactly what type of abuse are we looking for?  ???

Verbal?  Or just people that are using false names to raise their rating?

matlu

shaggy11

what is the problem  with this site/ I have been on here for years never had a problem . I was even a paying member while it was pay to play. Now Im in a middle of a game at 1 in the morning and im kicked out and banned. i dont cussand im 33 years old what is the problem.

Dodger

It's unlikely (but not impossible) that you were banned without reason. You prior generosity, loyalty and your age are, you have to agree, irreverent if you are breaking rules.