• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

alien goo

Started by flamingdragon, April 30, 2005, 11:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flamingdragon

if you move first you cant attack alien goo, so you can only attack it if you dont move
Adun Toridas, Executor.

matlu

It's ok (I hope). It's same as with buildings. The Goo just doesn't make you "engaged".

I believe that you CAN attack it if you moved, but you cannot attack it, if you just spent LAST movement point of the monster.

The rule is simple: if the monster just spent its LAST movement point, and it is NOT engaged, its movement ends.

So the behaviour is slightly different, depending on whether you ended up next to some monster (it will make you engaged and you can attack), or next to builiding (it won't make you engaged, thus your movement ends).

It may seem a bit strange, but I was told that it worked same way in cyberwars.

If fact few weeks ago it really WORKED the way you expected, but side effect was, that for example gun turrets made you engaged - it you moved next to it, your movement ended, and you could attack the turret.

zzboots

<edit>
Well playing a few games I have noticed the following:

-AG spreads way too quickly compared to fire.  Please make their growth the same.  I think that AG should be able to die down like fire currently can.

-In the old game it was never possible to start off with both alien blob and fire.  Could this feature also be implimented here?  This keeps the game board from becoming too overcrowded.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

matlu

-AG spreads way too quickly compared to fire.  Please make their growth the same.  I think that AG should be able to die down like fire currently can.

do you meam: it should be able to die out and release trapped monster? Is it good idea?

-In the old game it was never possible to start off with both alien blob and fire.  Could this feature also be implimented here?  This keeps the game board from becoming too overcrowded.

I'm not sure what is probability of getting both of them in hand (it's been some time since my statistics lessons), probably it's not too high... but.. hm... I can do it if you think it's necessary

BladeSabre

Quotedo you meam: it should be able to die out and release trapped monster? Is it good idea?

I think I remember it doing that sometimes in the original game. And whether it did or not, I think it would be a good idea.

ZAPTONE_Z

Quote from: zzboots on May 01, 2005, 12:07:40 AM

sorry mate thats not true in the least

ZAPTONE_Z

Quote from: BladeSabre on May 02, 2005, 01:25:36 AM
I think I remember it doing that sometimes in the original game. And whether it did or not, I think it would be a good idea.

yeah, the blob moved just like fire
it could release a monster that was trapped
that was part of the fun of alien blob!

kaoss

Once again blob and fire make game more exciting LEAVE IT  >:(

zzboots

I'm pretty sure (96.3%) that you never started with both fire and alien blob.  Can anyone verify this?
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

flamingdragon

is there some way to make it so you can attack it after you spend movement points but it doesnt engage you?

and i got both fire and alien goo a couple times in same game
Adun Toridas, Executor.

crow

Quote from: zzboots on May 02, 2005, 05:22:29 AM
I'm pretty sure (96.3%) that you never started with both fire and alien blob.  Can anyone verify this?

I can verify 100% that you could.

kaoss

Yep me too 100% positive  ;D

T3h luggage

Quote from: ZAPTONE_Z on May 02, 2005, 01:29:41 AM
yeah, the blob moved just like fire
it could release a monster that was trapped
that was part of the fun of alien blob!
You mean alive?  I didn't know that...