• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Qualifications of a Moderator

Started by TheBagLady, February 20, 2007, 09:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBagLady

I am not usually one to say much. First, I would like to thank Matlu from the bottom of my heart for duelboad......God will bless you Matlu....

I have seen alot come and go in here in the last little bit.  I have personally never had a problem with any of the moderators here. However, I have seen with my own two eyes actions that are not very becoming sitting in that postion. I feel as a moderator we earn respect......we don't demand it.....We as mods and players must first have respect for others before we can expect them to respect us.  I know you cannot hear the tone of voice or the facial expressions of someone over the internet. I do feel that we need to be mature and tolerable to people when we are in the postion of authority.

Just because you have the authority to ban or boot someone, please don't do it in the lobby and laugh about it with other players.  If you do it on accident, go to that person personally and apologize to them.  As adults, I am sure the apology would be accepted and no hard feelings would be left lingering on......We are mostly adults here. We need to set the example that we want followed in here.

Not sure how this will go over, but just wanted to say we all (players and mods) need to be examples to each other and the children that do come on here.  I pray all the best upon each and everyone here.  And again, thank you Matlu....I can tell you do have a giving heart or you wouldn't be doing what you do for people you don't know.  God bless you...

Waiting For His Return,
Angela S.
TheBagLady

IMCBrianJ

Angie, I would just like to say that I ♥♥♥ you. You word things so eloquently. And I totally agree with you.

matlu

QuoteHowever, I have seen with my own two eyes actions that are not very becoming sitting in that postion

You need to be more specific. What you said is only an unadressed accusation without any meaning.

TheBagLady

I am sorry Matlu, but this is not just an accusation. I did see a mod boot someone that was just playing a game and then laugh about it in the lobby with other players. They even admitted it was a mistake to boot that person. We all make mistakes, but they need to be more professional in their line of work. Just because this is volunteer, doesnt mean we can't act professional. I am a volunteer fire fighter. What would people think of me if i go to them and act like a child in their time of need? I am sure they wouldn't want me around.

Just two days ago, I seen one booted just for asking why someone else got booted. I understand that not all need to know why someone is booted if there is a "legitimate" reason for booting them. I have also seen cursing in lobby by the mods so called friends and they not get booted. I have seen the mod use curse words that I never used when I did curse.

Matlu, you have some really good mods in here. I have spoken with three of them on other occasions. Chyna, Shadow and Renegade. What I have seen from these three is a much more mature attitude towards people. They don't change their standards for their friends or don't make a difference in the players. They come in and laugh with the players and can have a good time on a more professional level. We do know they have the authority to boot and ban, but it is not abused.

I may end up banned before this is over with, but that is not my intentions. I just feel like you would like to run a respectable site for other to come and enjoy your site and tell others about it. I don't see anything wrong with charging a fee for the site. I am more than willing to pay it. I do know the cost of a site because I use to have one and people would steal my bandwidth without realizing it and I had to shut it down.

As far as the accusations, I have taken screen shots and sent them to be posted. You had said you wanted to see, so I done it. You can go to rocking rookers and find the screen shots that have been taken.

Again Matlu, I do thank you from the bottom of my heart for this site. I enjoy coming here and playing. My intentions are not for any hard feelings, however, I do know there will be some. I guess that also comes with immaturity. I know there will always be a need for mods. I see players come in here every day using language that is not becoming to anyone. Especially the children that play on here. I understand you want a gaming site. Not just Rook and like I said before, I am willing to help in any way I can.

Thank you Matlu for your time and efforts and for responding to me.  Please feel free to email me at anytime at StewardForChrist@yahoo.com
or respond here is fine as well. 

Waiting For His Return,
Angela S.
TheBagLady

matlu

What I meant by "unadressed accusation" is that you did not mention any name or date - which makes your post useless. If I knew the name of the moderator and the booted person I'm able to check whether it was fair or not.

QuoteJust two days ago, I seen one booted just for asking why someone else got booted. I understand that not all need to know why someone is booted if there is a "legitimate" reason for booting them

it was me, and I had *very* good reason to boot them.

I would also like to ask you to not believe in everything that various people write on the forum. There are people who get booted for a *very* good reason, and the next thing they do is that they go to the forum and write that they "did nothing and out of the blue they were booted"

As an example I can show you an email that I received few days ago, and my response. Please read both of them carefully.

The email I received:

QuoteI recently had my username barred from use. It is the name Schwab, and I was wondering what I had done to deserve this. I have brought Duel Board somewhere around twenty new users who use the board games which are often neglected. Could you please review this case and explain what I have done to deserve this?

My response:

QuoteOffender: Schwab 4.248.38.122
=== Offender log:
ya
you know i want you baby
gimme your measurements
how big are your boobs?
oh a man
well
how bigs your dick?
are you fucking huge?
i love a big dick almost as much as a pussy
how long?
come on man
sooooo
how big IS your dick?
hey asshole
im fuckin my woman in here
get out
shit
they aint gonna give us privacy baby
i know you want it
haha
everyones afraid of us
what?
heyyy sheila
whats goin on baby?
dyou like....
penises?
fuck
messin up my game
i need cyber sex yo

TheBagLady

Well, I am sorry Matlu, I know that I do not know all that goes on behind the curtains when it come to booting someone. I also don't believe all I read in the forums. All I knew is what I had seen and no more. As far as the log you posted........lol.........i could have done without all that and took your word for it....lol

Like I has said previously, I just would like to see a professional site for your benefit as well as all the players. Something you could be proud of along with the players.  I know the decision is up to you, and I will respect your decision, however, I feel professionalism and respect is a top priority with any company or site. I too use to run a multi member site. I do know how it can be at times.

Thanks again Matlu for your time and efforts, and I will respect your decisions.

Waiting For His Return,
Angela Sartin
TheBagLady