Duel Board > Site Polls

Mobile gaming !!!???

(1/5) > >>

matlu:
Few days ago I bought new fancy mobile phone with Java support (Sony-Ericsson k700i) and I was really impressed by its built-in games. Well, the display resolution is only something like 170x220 pixels, so you cannot expect wonders, but I was really impressed.

Then I realized, that mobile multiplayer gaming is PROBABLY going to come into fashion soon (or it already came? I don't know, there are sure some mobile multiplayer online games already, but I havent's seen them)

My next thought was: what about creating mobile online-multiplayer version of some game? It's just an idea, I don't even know how it could/should work. Probably:
1. I would have to create special game client for mobiles
2. Player would have to download this game into his mobile
3. He would have to connect to the game site using WAP
4. He could start playing... ?

What do you think about this idea? Vote, post your comments!

kaoss:
umm been done and too exp on wap (connection). good idea though

matlu:

--- Quote from: kaoss on May 01, 2005, 05:34:43 pm ---umm been done and too exp on wap (connection). good idea though

--- End quote ---

Sure, but it is quite new technology, and the prices are ALWAYS getting down. What is expansive today may become affordable few months later, and it may easily become cheap next year...

For example I remember LCD TFT flat displays - they costed bloody money just 2 years ago. The prices dropped to 20% of what it costed before...

ZAPTONE_Z:
sounds nice

i dont have the internet on my phone
only cuz its too expensive

matlu:

--- Quote from: ZAPTONE_Z on May 01, 2005, 07:09:27 pm ---sounds nice

i dont have the internet on my phone
only cuz its too expensive

--- End quote ---

In fact I don't have internet on my phone either, but I think that the prices are likely going to decrease soon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version