• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

backspace

Started by flamingdragon, May 04, 2005, 01:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flamingdragon

every time i press backspace to erase text it exits me back to lobby.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

matlu

You mean the whole game is restarted? It has to be some feature of your web-browser. When the applet (game window) has keyboard focus, backspace should delete character. For me it works this way (with Internet Explorer).

If the game does NOT have keyboard focus and you press backspace - well, whatever may happen, and I have no chance to influent it.

Or possible your browser incercepts backspace, even when the game has focus? this would be strange, and again, I cannot prevent it.

flamingdragon

yes i mean the whole game is restarted. If its problem with my pc you cant do anything. :( Its not that big of a problem anyways.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

zzboots

I have this same promblem.  Flamming, make sure that you are clicked inside the game.  If you move away from the game and come back and hit the backspace, it will take you to the previous webpage you were viewing.  Just make sure you click inside the game window before hitting the backspace.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

flamingdragon

Adun Toridas, Executor.

T3h luggage

Yeah, I have to click inside the text box several times to make sure I'm actually typing.  Otherwise, it "searches for links."

matlu

Quote from: T3h luggage on May 05, 2005, 04:28:45 AM
Yeah, I have to click inside the text box several times to make sure I'm actually typing.  Otherwise, it "searches for links."

Once should be enough :)
I saw one (java) game, which displayed notification when the game window lost focus. I'm not sure how they did it, but perhaps I could do it as well (in due time)

flamingdragon

i think that would be big waste of time
Adun Toridas, Executor.

matlu

Quote from: flamingdragon on May 05, 2005, 04:39:50 PM
i think that would be big waste of time

Sure, but it would be probably better than permanently listen to complaints from people who accidently  press backspace in wrong time  :)

matlu

There probably is a way to solve it. When you choose a game to play, it could open new browser window with the game (with smaller size, just for the game to fit in). The backspace would do nothing wrong in this window (because it is freshly open, and there is no previous page to return).
Other game sites do it this way. Hm, perhaps it would be a solution