• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Things that are different from CW

Started by mad_joker, May 05, 2005, 05:06:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mad_joker

-Alien Queen used to have a range of 4
-Alien hatcling used to have 0 resistance.  This meant it could be holoed and not detected.
-Commanders had 9 resistance.  This helped them be protected from virus (not implimented yet)
-Preds used to have 9 resistance.
-I've died to a probe/drone a lot more than I thought I should.

These are just changes, maybe ifyou really want tese changes they can be listed as "known but not going to be changed"

flamingdragon

battle equation is off.

theres no way to find out what it was but matlu has tried his best to get similar equation

btw what is it now?
Adun Toridas, Executor.

matlu

Quote-Alien hatcling used to have 0 resistance.  This meant it could be holoed and not detected.

Holodetector has NOTING to do with resistance, and I don't believe it ever had

Quote-Alien Queen used to have a range of 4

I believe 3 is enough, even for a queen :)

Quote-Preds used to have 9 resistance.

8 is ok

Quote-I've died to a probe/drone a lot more than I thought I should.

that's because currentl combat system is slightly different from original. Only slightly. Well I'm not sure, perhaps I will make it exactly same. I guess I will discuss this topic again (there was some thread about it)

BlitzJoker

-Alien hatcling used to have 0 resistance. This meant it could be holoed and not detected.

This was a bug, it had nothing to do with resistance.

-Commanders had 9 resistance.  This helped them be protected from virus (not implemented yet)

This could be true because a commander getting hit with a successful virus or electro pulse would eliminate his entire army respectively.

zzboots

The queen's movement of 4 is the reason i feel in love with her. 8)
Oh, I await until the day she moves like lightning again.

Since the queen has 8 8 stats compaired to the 9 9 stats of the mech, the additional movement point helped balance things out.  Stop favoring technology. :P
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

matlu

Quote from: zzboots on May 06, 2005, 12:45:54 AM
The queen's movement of 4 is the reason i feel in love with her. 8)
Oh, I await until the day she moves like lightning again.

Since the queen has 8 8 stats compaired to the 9 9 stats of the mech, the additional movement point helped balance things out.  Stop favoring technology. :P

But the Queen HAS speed 4. We were talking about ranged attack (I guess), the range is 3

flamingdragon

Adun Toridas, Executor.

zzboots

I really should learn how to read.  :-\
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo