• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Re-Run trounys a good idea

Started by SiR gUt, May 05, 2005, 04:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does everyone think if i restart the tournaments will it be a good ideA?

Yes
10 (76.9%)
No
2 (15.4%)
Mayb
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

SiR gUt

Hey everyone i was wondering if you all think if i sir gut re start the tournys. I for one think it will be but i will not start tournys probably for another few weeks so people get the flow of the game and get into it more so if you guys think it would be a good idea to redo it let me know. thanks
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

matlu

Tournaments is good idea, but the game needs more players first. Unfortunately I don't have exact statistics how many active players the game has (shame on me, the game doesn't yet log last date when people connected, I had no time to do it)
The game page is daily visited by approx. 100 unique IPs in average, but probably some of them are duplicates (same person from computer at work/home/school), some are robots, spiders and maybe random non-interested visitors.

There are over 400 registered nicks, but again, great deal of them are probably duplicates, or people who are not really interested in playing for some reason.

I estimate that there may be round 50 active players.

I have to fix some bugs in checkers, but as soon as I fix it, there will be big notice somewhere, asking everybody to promote this site in best way you can.
(I'll make it tomorrow or on saturday).

SiR gUt

i agree i wont start untill we have a lot of players. Also im going to put this website on banners for some other website so people can look at it and i am sending the link to a lot of people i know so hopefully this will get popular fast.
By the way i was reading the other post and it says you might not let like people with 1000 points vs 200 point people because of cheating. I think should just leave it how you have it because you will know who cheats and who doesnt and also you should have about 2 moderators who is on this game a lot to watch for cheaters. id like to help with that if you would let me. 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

SiR gUt

Well i am going to change the tournaments up a little and i need some ideas. I was thinking about doing ladder matches like 24 people tournaments or more. Then each series is best of 5 and you have 1 series a day so you dont have to wait all day and if your opponent doesn't show up you directly advance.

also i was thinking about doing 3 vs 3 and 2 vs 2

EVERYONE PLEASE POST IDEA TO MAKE TOURNY BETTER

flamingdragon

Adun Toridas, Executor.

BlitzJoker

I will admit that I voted no, not because I don't want tourneys, but i answered the exact question "if you all think if i sir gut re start the tourneys." Why no, you may be wondering. My personal opinion on Sir Gut, is that he is unpredictable, hotheaded, and very very arrogant. I wouldn't want a person as untrustworthy as him running a system of merit, like the tourneys.

I feel it would be a much better idea to have someone other than him to run them. I myself would volunteer to set up a pretty little website for the tourney running, but of course would need a series of other trustworthy people like zzboots to manage them.

Zz also considered another system of merit he thought of, which I choose not to disclose right now, until it's final and I understand the proposal fully. It might also be nice to be able to include that in the web. Maybe it could be a sort of duelboard community site?

flamingdragon

why do you hate him so much?

he couldnt have done something that bad.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

BlitzJoker

I hate him for his personality, lies, and one more thing that I choose to hold my tongue about, but I warn you don't allow him to have any of your possibly personal information, I was lucky in the fact I stopped myself from doing so. ;)

matlu

hm. Don't know what to say.

1. perhaps such personal stuff could be discussed elsewhere
2. Idea of tournaments is sure good, and I ... somehow cannot decide who will run them. Any such activity is welcome, and it's up to you whether you trust the person or not.

BTW - I'm not sure how exactly you plan to collect & process results of matches, if it could help I could create some support for it in the game itself. But probably I would not be possible to put extra buttons to lobby screen, there is no place for it.

And: If you want to have this tournament stuff on some other website, it's ok. If you want me to host it on my site, it's no problem as well. So it's your choice.
(I guess that if it was on my site, the results of matches could be processed automatically after game ended, and it could automatically update tournament tables). But maybe it's better to let the community to do it all. As you wish.

SiR gUt

Well blitz past is the past and i dont know why you have to be so immature, i mean seriously you say all this bad stuff about me when none of it is true. Im going to be friends with everyoNE on this board and game like i was back in the old cyber wars. Why would You say dont give out personal information WHEN DID I ASK ANYONE ON THIS BOARD FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION. I NEVER WILL AND HAVE NO REASON TOO. Here IF this make you feel better im an 18 male long island new york I live in suffolk county. My name is Matt and i look forward to playing this new cyber wars game again. AND BLITZ PLEASE DONT BE AN IMMATURE BRAT AND RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE ELSE AND BRING BACK OLD CYBER WARS RUMORS. Also Blitz why you so scared of me? your here arent you? its not like i came to your house and tried killing you its been like 4 years.
BLITZ and here is the reaosn why i tried scaring you. You were the one telling people rumors and lies about me so i tried to scare you by pretending to be a stalker and its not my fault you were only 13 years old and believed it BUT SERIOUSLY HOW OLD ARE YOU NOW 16? GROW UP!

AND BLITZ ABOUT THE TOURNYS I RAN THEM FINE WITH KOALA BOY AND AFTER HE QUIT I TOOK OVER AND THEY WENT FINE. SO DONT RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE ELSE.
SECOND TOURNAMENTS ARE VERY TIME TAKING AND HARD TO DO. IF YOU WANT ME TO GIVE YOU REASON WHY ITS HARD TO DO LET ME KNOW. ITS NOT AS EASY AS YOU THINK,  AND IM GOING TO PUT IN MY FREE TIME SO EVERYONE CAN HAVE FUN AGAIN LIKE MY SELF BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE PLAYING CYBER WARS AGAIN AND NOT FIGHT WITH AN IMMATURE KID.

sorry bout the caps

SiR gUt

Matlu do you have aim or hotmail or yahoo messanger? ill explain everything about the tournys and what i think you can do to help. also im not bringing nothing bad at all to this board matlu im just here so everyone can have fun with tournys and because i miss this game a lot.

I am going to set up tournys and everything and if people want to come its fine. everyone i know you will like it and i know you all will have fun. if blitz wants to set up his own tournys then thats fine but i would like to start them out like i use to do so everyone please give me a chance.
I am going to be buying a website www.cyberwarstournaments.com in a few weeks when the game gets big in the mean while im making a little cheasy website on sum web builder just for now.
So im looking forwars to playing aga inst you al

If anybody needs to contact me on information about making tournaments better email me at sir_gut@hotmail.co or hit me up on aim at rnkomptonsfinestl

BlitzJoker

Matlu that sounds very nice, automatically updating tables and such, but a community might be easier. I believe that in the old tourneys people would play a rated game, their scores recorded by a neutral third party player before the game, and then it was recorded who won by the score difference after the game. Although I never participated in the tourneys, I believe people would alternate who started the game and the first component to win 2 games in a row(thus showing his superiority in both going 1st and 2nd) would be the winner of the match, and it would work up the line to a singular winner was declared. I don't know if you could make a system like that to record winners?

Also a note to Sir_Gut....registering a domain and paid sight is a bad idea.....for the simple reason that once one retires from the game, he will not want to pass on the site account to another person(due to the account being registered to their credit card, etc.). While the transfer of a free account requires only the giving away of a password. If you want a nice big transfer site for free, with no ads, go to: www.atgig.com . And if you do decide to register a domain it should be called: www.cyberbattlestournaments.com due to the name change.

Anyways I will quote myself here:

Quote.....Sir Gut, is that he is unpredictable, hotheaded, and very very arrogant.

Please view two comments back by gut....I think I have made my point very much so.

Again I didn't want to bring up such personal issues of the past. I tried to express my opinion in a very mature mannor, I am sorry if I was in anyway out of line.

SiR gUt

well blitz im not using a credit card to pay for a domain name so if i did retire i would have no problem to pass it on. but i dont think that will be necessary, and yes i agree with changing the name i just noticed that.  so it will be called www.cyberbattlestournaments.com also ill post here later all the rules and game play to the tournaments.

HellsRage666

I know alot of you may not know me, i used to play cyber wars for about 4 years when it was up and i was 37th on the list (last time i remember). I for one, am someone to say that Sir_Gut is the most trustworthy person i've ever met online.... ever. I don't think anybody is in a position to insult him, especially if its a rival of his, becuase thats just low. Blitz, i think you owe it to Gut to atleats give him a chance, many years have gone by and me and him have gotten to be close friends. If the "personal issues" you mentioned were true, that was in the past, 3 years ago, and you dont need to bring back old times when it is unnecessary. If anything blitz, you need to grow up.

Another quick note, Matlu (sp) i think you should really give him a chance, maybe even if i am free and it is Okayed by either you or sir_gut i could help out a bit. Just dont give regards to what blitz current opinion is about gut, he isnt untrustworthy in any possible way. and aso thank you for bringing up this game, i'll be here often, and you'll see guy on quite a bit too. I'd really like to get this thing going, just tell me what i can do to help. I'm looking forward to joining these tournaments.

Thanks,
HellsRage666

ultswordsman

ok #1 nvr ever talk to blitz that way he is my friend and if i was u id lay off cause who made this site not u matlu and blitz and a other ppl so STEP OFF