• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Disconnecting

Started by kaoss, May 08, 2005, 03:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaoss

5 times today i have disconnected during a game, and so have about 4 or 5 others i have been playing. Possible to fix? I hope so  :'(

ultswordsman

yea i was just d/c to

matlu

Not sure. If it happened to all of you at same time, there is something wrong with my internet provider. Sadly, I can do nothing about it :(

If it happened just to one person (at same time), then there is probably something wrong with your internet connection

ultswordsman

no because it was kaoss then next game we played ice sabree then i got kicked off

kaoss

Yea np and everyone got dced at different times. Not all at once.

matlu

Well, perhaps I COULD create some fancy feature - like when the connection is broken, it doesn't kick you off the game immediately, and your client would try automatically reconnect, and if it succeeded it could "join" the game and you could continue as if nothing happened, BUT  it is quite complicated thing, and I'm VERY busy right now :(  I will think of it, but don't expect it soon. Anyway I'm not sure if it could solve all such problems, maybe yes.

matlu

Well I guess it really SHOULD be done, and I'll try to do it within few days (as soon as I finish chess)

BlitzJoker

Could it be possible that these peoples internets are just lagging down for a few seconds(so they seem unresponsive to server) and then becase of that they are kicked after 5 seconds....even though there internet connection was never actually broken

matlu

Quote from: BlitzJoker on May 08, 2005, 09:57:38 PM
Could it be possible that these peoples internets are just lagging down for a few seconds(so they seem unresponsive to server) and then becase of that they are kicked after 5 seconds....even though there internet connection was never actually broken

One week ago I increased this interval to 10 seconds. It has to be broken connection (or 10 second lag?)