• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

alien upgrades

Started by T3h luggage, May 09, 2005, 04:23:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T3h luggage

One thing I have noticed in cyber battles is the extreme deficiency of life oriented upgrades.  There is only symbiont.  I don't know if this would upset the game balance, Or if you can even add more in Matlu, but I think that we ought to add some in, as it tips the scales in favour of tech.  I thought for a while, but could only think of "Chiton armor" and perhaps "claw."  Ideas, anyone?

ultswordsman

what about sword,  cyborg (makes ur guy have a silver steel suit on him) and   shot gun just a stonger version of blaster

flamingdragon

those arent really alien upgrades
Adun Toridas, Executor.

SiR gUt

Well guys if you really think about it Commanders would be more tech than aliens. You cant really give a human commander alien upgrades but you can give them technology upgrades which they already have. After all the humans create technology. I kind of think of it as Aliens vs Predators.  We all know Predators will win because they are More advanced in technology and the aliens arent. Also dont forget that they are a lot smarter. simple as that. WHICH PROBABLY EVERYTHING I JUST SAID MAKES NO SENSE WHAT SO EVER.

BUT i think what a good idea is having an alien force or something make your commander invulnerable of attacks for about 2 turns just incase someone trys to double holo you or you ran out of good monsters and you have no where to go but attacking with your commander OR someone is trying to kill you with a probe ;) haha

THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

flamingdragon

maybe there could be alien downgrades that did stuff to enemy commander/monster like "attack 0 for 3 turns"
Adun Toridas, Executor.

Parsley

Alien tend to have better mobs.

Mech tend to have better upgrades.

Play smart, play mech.

BlitzJoker

No one should ever become invulnerable, or be stipped of their ability to kill somehting else.

flamingdragon

Quote from: BlitzJoker on May 09, 2005, 09:46:26 PM
No one should ever become invulnerable, or be stipped of their ability to kill somehting else.

Why not?

I would like to be able to paralyis or freeze enemy monster
Adun Toridas, Executor.

SiR gUt

yea man thats what im saying something like that paralyze a monster for like 3 turns but you cant attack it maybe
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

ZAPTONE_Z

you also gotta remember that the game is balanced as it is
alien has mutate and mind control
while tech has nothing like that

matlu

Quote from: ZAPTONE_Z on May 11, 2005, 12:01:07 AM
you also gotta remember that the game is balanced as it is
alien has mutate and mind control
while tech has nothing like that

while mind control (or hypnotize, as some people prefer to call it :) ) IS defined as alien, I would say that it almost doesn't count, because it has 100% probability (so the outcome depends solely on resistance of the monster). It means that it doesn't depend on world alignment...

zzboots

But it does influence alignment changes. ;)
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

ZAPTONE_Z

i thought mind control wa a 70% at neutral

T3h luggage

Quote from: flamingdragon on May 09, 2005, 05:01:36 PM
maybe there could be alien downgrades that did stuff to enemy commander/monster like "attack 0 for 3 turns"
I was talking to Matlu about porposed upgrades over a game, and he said that his engine can't handle stat lowering...
I think that that would be the major problem with many of these ideas...
But for all people say that the game is even, I see a distinct favour towards tech...

zzboots

Quote from: T3h luggage on May 13, 2005, 11:42:32 PM
I was talking to Matlu about porposed upgrades over a game, and he said that his engine can't handle stat lowering...
I think that that would be the major problem with many of these ideas...
But for all people say that the game is even, I see a distinct favour towards tech...

Game isn't complete yet.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo