• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

White Screen

Started by BlitzJoker, May 10, 2005, 04:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlitzJoker

I was playing and acidentally double clicked the duelboard window on the start bar. It minimized the browser as it is suppose to, upon re-double clicking I was presented with a white screen, but could still hear the sounds when others moves. Any idea as to why this would happen(I have 56k dial up if that would make a difference).

<edit> noticed this happens anytime i minimize the window :(

matlu

This may be caused by ANYTHING, from your video-card drivers, to your java version. Probably it's not a bug in my code.

I'd suggest you to try to upgrade your java. If you use sun's java, then uninstall it, and install latest version.  ( http://www.sun.com/getjava )
If you use microsoft's java, than... I don't know. Maybe try sun's?

matlu

Well, actually I just found some thing, which MIGHT be the cause of this problem (I'm not 100% sure).

If you are able to open your java console after you get "white screen", and there is a message similar to this:
java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero

then it WAS this problem. I'll upload fixed version soon.

Actually, I don't understand why this problem wan't discovered months ago, it was there from the very first version I guess. It's looks like it only happens with faster computers (ehm, I upgraded my CPU yesterday, and I got this white screen today)

<edit>
Ok, I uploaded modified version, please let me know if it helped!

BlitzJoker

Hmm it still happens, but I noticed after minimizing and opening it again about 3 or 4 times, on the last time it will show the screen again, and this would happen over and over.

Reason why it might be a problem just now. A new version of Sun's Java just released, which I downloaded. Maybe it's a bug in that version of Java? Anyways it's no longer that critical because I can eventually get the screen back up.

matlu

Since you have sun's java, please try to do following:
1. get somehow the "white screen"
2. select  Tools/Sun Java Console from Internet Explorer menu
3. copy the content to clipboard (there is button "Copy" on that window)
4. "paste" it somewhere and email it to me

BlitzJoker

Sadly, I found nothing in the java console, but did also experience freezing and "white screen" again. Maybe I should redownload/reinstall my java console?

matlu

ehm, nice screenshot

QuoteAnyways it's no longer that critical because I can eventually get the screen back up

how can you get the screen back up?

QuoteSadly, I found nothing in the java console
not possible, there must be some text. If not, you are using some other java. It should at least display your java version in the console, and some help text

I don't know. I would try to uninstall your old java, and install new (don't forget to uninstall old first).

Anyone else has this problem?

BlitzJoker

Heh, I think I fixed it. I believe that someone else using this computer downloaded the newer version of java, and never removed the old version. I had two java runtime environments installed. I uninstalled both of them, and downloaded the newest version off the site.

Just in case this problem comes back or something ill also answer the other questions.

I would get the screen back up by repeatedly minimizing and opening the browser until I would see the screen again.

I meant there wasn't any errors in the console, as for the rest its only the menu and this:

Java Plug-in 1.5.0_02
Using JRE version 1.5.0_02 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory

flamingdragon

btw whyd u make new topic. there was already topic i made about this. Its named the exact same thing.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

BlitzJoker