• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

TODO LIST

Started by matlu, May 10, 2005, 07:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matlu

I'm afraid that it happens quite often, that somebody asks me for some functionality, but I just forget about it. To prevent it, please post your to-do wishes HERE. I will DELETE your replies, but moving the text to this first message, to have everything in one place. I will also make comments on them

Disable sound option
DONE!
use commands /sound on and /sound off in chatbox

Ability to watch games
yes, would be good to have it, and it will be added, possibly soon. Right know I'm working on re-connecting to the game, and it is in fact very similar thing. (In both cases, the status of whole game has to be sent to someone)

Add virus, electropulse
DONE!

prevent first turn kills - fire/goo
DONE!
Fire never kills on first turn (neither commanders, nor monsters). Goo can cover monsters, but never kills a commander.

randomize player order
maybe once

create Battle Thingz
sorry, not likely :( I'm too busy to work on it, and I don't think I would have more time in near future

zozefup

Add a "how to play" link somewhere.  Put information about moving, beaming, holoing, and a description of what everything does.  Maybe add a basic strategy guide too.

cDigital

Is it possible to opt to store user and pass locally so each time we dont have to retype user / pass.. Maybe a check to see if cookie exsists, if so use this user & pass, if not retype.   Just a thought.. Sorry if this has already been discussed. Keep up the GREAT work! thank you!

zzboots

Along the lines of passwords:

-A way to request an email be sent for when a password is lost
-A way to change your password
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

Bakster

If someone starts a game, the countdown starts. If you type during that countdown, all the text is deleted when the game starts. Fix this?

cDigital

Time Limits:  In cyberwars the action choice screen.  many times while im viewing board to see who's where and as im counting squares in between the time runs out on me. 

In chess, the 1 minute per turn ussually isnt a problem for me because not too many people play chess, but bakster.

For people who are on par or better it can be a chess game with limits.. normally with the typical timer someone can snap out the opening (maybe 8 moves or more) in a few seconds.. when the middle game arrives more thought is required for a complex middle game and some stratagy..

Too much thought my last game it seems.. 3 times the computer moved for me.. Anyone of those time it might as well resigned me.  Once it gave away a piece, the next it moved my pawn protecting my king, the next it moved my attacking piece away from the middle to block my rook which litaraly means i have to take another turn to unblock it.

When you find a good chess partner it really is like the old chess quote  "he who wins is the one who made the fewest mistakes".  Well, with the computer unrprotecting the king, sacrificing pieces it makes sure the one with most mistakes is the one it helps. 

The time restrictions on chess is confining.   Maybe i'm the only one.  Many people enjoy blitz chess,  I also enjoy it, but sometimes in the middle game I enjoy some thought instead of trading pieces for value on first glance. 

I'm not sure if I am the only one having time trouble.  Bakster says he's more then happy with speed chess only and I may be the minority counting spacing in cyberwars, but this is my feedback..  :D

I'm to slow for the timer.

Bakster

I don't want to play a full on, 2 hour chess game online. I want to play for fun.

If you want to make the time limit longer, then I suggest that the player who made the challenge can adjust the time according to his preference.

And if the time limit is so large (That KCC thing), then people can "cheat" if they are losing. They can just sit there for an hour without moving, hoping their opponent will get bored or will have to leave.
I've had this problem on yahoo chess before, and I no longer play long games on yahoo because of that.

cDigital

2 hours or 20 minutes.  My main concern with was the 1 minute per turn.. In the begining you can whip 10 moves out without much thought in less then a minute, but middle turns can be longer. But somewhere in the middle formutalting your attack.. if this take this, and this take that poof, ran out of time, the computer just sacrificed the queen, oopsy! 

waylan

If you have a 6 player game, 4 die leaving 2 left and the 2 then draw i think the remaining 2 should get 2 points for the dead people, rather than no points.

although it probably wouldnt work in 3 or 5 player games

James090

Quote from: matlu on May 10, 2005, 07:49:43 PM
I'm afraid that it happens quite often, that somebody asks me for some functionality, but I just forget about it. To prevent it, please post your to-do wishes HERE. I will DELETE your replies, but moving the text to this first message, to have everything in one place. I will also make comments on them

Disable sound option
DONE!
use commands /sound on and /sound off in chatbox

Ability to watch games
yes, would be good to have it, and it will be added, possibly soon. Right know I'm working on re-connecting to the game, and it is in fact very similar thing. (In both cases, the status of whole game has to be sent to someone)

Add virus, electropulse
DONE!

prevent first turn kills - fire/goo
DONE!
Fire never kills on first turn (neither commanders, nor monsters). Goo can cover monsters, but never kills a commander.

randomize player order
maybe once

create Battle Thingz
sorry, not likely :( I'm too busy to work on it, and I don't think I would have more time in near future
:P

Dodger

Quote from: matlu on May 10, 2005, 07:49:43 PM
Ability to watch games

???

Coke_Can

matlu

the problem is that I never managed to get this reconnecting working properly

Dodger

It works pretty well doesn't it?

matlu

Quote from: Dodger on March 30, 2006, 05:30:20 PM
It works pretty well doesn't it?
Some people report strange bugs, and I suspect that it may have something to do with reconnecting.