• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Cheaters

Started by picolo, May 14, 2005, 04:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picolo

I've been playing DB for about 2 1/2 weeks now and was a GD player way back when. And right now its hard for me to believe that a select few players arent cheating here at DB. Yesterday i seen icesabree at 154 and today he is at 324! Someone tell me if this is possible without help. The fact that there are 3 players at the top all with similar scores makes it more obvious.

This makes the game very pointless if there is no chance of u getting to the top without cheating. I mean the only reason I play is to get my name at the #1 spot but if I cant do that then there is no reason to play.

My theory is that they are using each other and logging in as guests to let the others win. If this is being done then there needs to be a way to stop it. And that starts with the guests. I think guests should ONLY be able to play non-rated games or else this stuff will continue. Also you should not be able to play someone you've beat 4 times in a rated game. That's how it worked in GD it the system was great.

I hope you will consider my ideas for the sake of DB! Thanks...
                                                                                                                                  ~picolo~

matlu

(jeez, how I wish I'd working on mmorpg game instead, I would not have to solve SUCH problems)

- unfortunately, there is no way to completely prevent cheating, I can only try to make it harder

- if ANYBODY gets high ranking through cheating - and it makes him happy; well it is regrettable person, I cannot sau anything else

- I don't think that guests have anything to do with it. It takes 15 seconds to make new account

- I'm not sure if it worked the way you described (to not be allowed to play somebody you've beaten 4 times in rated game), and I definitelly don't like it. It would not work, it's not a problem to make a new account. Net mentioning technical problems, do you want me to keep database of all games ever played??

- some time ago there was an idea which could solve the problem, but majority of people did not like it. (But it's questionable, if people really KNOW what is good for them?) The idea was: you get NO points, if you win over a person with rating lesser than (let's say) half of yours. For example if you win 3 player game,  your original rating was 200, and rating of other people was 150 and 50, you get ONLY 2 points.

flamingdragon

I like guests only being able to play non-rated games because they dont have anything to lose while if they win your points still go down.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

SiR gUt

Well picolo i have 300+ points and i promise you i did not cheat to get them. I have played 150 games lost 50 and won 100. Also i do not always play 1 on 1 games i wait for 4 players and i have played a lot of 6 players with friends and other people. I have played a lot of my games with mostly Real names players.
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

BlitzJoker

Some people do get that many points because (no offense intended here) they sit on this game the entire day.

ultswordsman

hey picolo ice plays around 7 hours a day  and in an hour i won 34 points so lets count shall we     34 x 7 = 238 which means he can get 238 points in an hour so SHUT IT

icesabree

i earn my own points buddy and don't be mad if me kaoss and gut are all better then you just play and get better thats all i can say stop conplaining nobody likes a tattle tale
skyler

BlitzJoker

Quote from: icesabree on May 14, 2005, 11:29:56 PM
i earn my own points buddy and don't be mad if me kaoss and gut are all better then you just play and get better thats all i can say stop conplaining nobody likes a tattle tale

Ehhh a tattle tale is a person who tells on someone else, because that second party did something wrong. Is this a type of confession  ;)?

ultswordsman

BlitzJoker

Lol I was joking, I just don't like the fact he claims he is better.....points=skill x time  ;)

ultswordsman

i know but like i said i can ussually get around 34 points an hour if theres a steady flow of people to play and he plays  around 7 hours a day ussually more he said so  he can get up to 238 if he didnt lose a single game

tiraspol

Quote from: zzboots on May 15, 2005, 01:26:45 AM
I don't need points to tell me who is better than whom.
Yeah, I agree. maybe if the whole cheating thing gets out of hand, maybe it would be good to wipe (erase) all the registered accounts, and then make it so the person can only register 1 account per IP. I know it wouldnt do alot, but maybe it would make cheating just a little less known, (Even though i know not alot of people would want to waste another 15 seconds of their life to register again). I also like the fact that the people who always go on guests account can only play NON-RATED games. That should defiantely be implemented. I hate when people go on guest names and call the registered players "noobs, you suck, what a fag " and other unpleasant words, just so they can get the other persons score down...Gets kind of anoying.

Chase

Quote from: tiraspol on May 15, 2005, 01:40:57 AM

Yeah, I agree. maybe if the whole cheating thing gets out of hand, maybe it would be good to wipe (erase) all the registered accounts, and then make it so the person can only register 1 account per IP. I know it wouldnt do alot, but maybe it would make cheating just a little less known, (Even though i know not alot of people would want to waste another 15 seconds of their life to register again). I also like the fact that the people who always go on guests account can only play NON-RATED games. That should defiantely be implemented. I hate when people go on guest names and call the registered players "noobs, you suck, what a fag " and other unpleasant words, just so they can get the other persons score down...Gets kind of anoying.

I agree completely with these ideas. That way, it would be nearly impossible to cheat. Unless you want to go buy another computer to make a different account ;D

Bakster

Who cares about points? Let's all play for fun. I play another game which has rating, and it is chaos over there because of rating. I used to care about points, but not any more, as I realised that the game should be played for fun. If people want to waste their time cheating instead of having fun, then let them. Or we can just abolish the points system?

matlu

Quote from: Bakster on May 15, 2005, 03:24:07 PM
Who cares about points? Let's all play for fun. I play another game which has rating, and it is chaos over there because of rating. I used to care about points, but not any more, as I realised that the game should be played for fun. If people want to waste their time cheating instead of having fun, then let them. Or we can just abolish the points system?

good point. Sadly, some people prefer "to win" before "to have fun". Anyway, the points system will not be abolished