• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Cheaters

Started by picolo, May 14, 2005, 04:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMcCool

Well... Guests should be limited to non-rated games. That is the best idea I've ever heard, for this game. Think about this one Matlu. ;) If someone plays as a guest they're either here to try out the game/have some quick fun, in which case points wouldn't matter... Or they are here to try and bring other people's points down/cheat/cuss at people, in which case having their games non-rated would solve those problems. Best idea ever.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

matlu

when a guest beats you - do you feel "less beaten" than when a register player beats you? Isn't it same (or even bigger) shame?

TheMcCool

That would be a valid question, except that you didn't address the point. There's an extremely large amount of random probability involved in this game, so guest or not you win some you lose some, even if you win more than you lose. Yet there's no risk of losing points as a guest, hence making it an avenue for stupid people who just want to try to be assholes. The proposed solution would curtail that problem, while preserving the function of the Guest option.

Edit: Also, using the same logic as the post I was responding to: Do you deserve points for beating guests? If they really are guests to the game that is. (If it's a bigger shame to lose to one then that implies they are less skilled/knowledgeable.)
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.

matlu

I understand your point.

But I'm afraid, that if I just don't allow guests to enter rated game - it would confuse new people. Imagine that you want to try a new game, you login as guest, you see a game to join - but you cannot. It's not very likely to encounter non-rated game, I guess that people don't make them too often.

I don't think that I can expect somebody new, who just sees this game for first time, to write: "hey, I'm new here, please somebody create non-rated game so I can test it". I'm afraid that he would be just confused instead.

You wrote, that guest don't risk anything, but you risk you points. But on the other hand, guest cannot lose anything, but he also cannot win anything as well! You risk your points, but you risk always, regardless whether you play with guest or registered player. The guest is basically wasting his time, he cannot gain anything

TheMcCool

Well your whole argument is based around guests using the guest feature as intended... trying out the game. This thread is about cheaters and abusers. People use guest accounts to trade points, double team people, act like asses, and to lower other players scores without risk to their playername. If guests could only play non-rated then they wouldn't be able to do three out of four of those things. Then they would have to waste their time making new accounts every so often, instead of just clicking the guest thing.

Well it's no big deal to me, just saying I think it's a good idea.

ultswordsman

Quote from: Chase on May 15, 2005, 08:58:18 AM
I agree completely with these ideas. That way, it would be nearly impossible to cheat. Unless you want to go buy another computer to make a different account ;D

well  they would also have to buy a a new  internet connection:)

Bakster

How long does it take to make an account? Not much longer than it takes to click a 'guest' button. Perhaps e-mail validation might be necessary.

When this game gets more popular, there is more likelihood of non-rated games being played. My verdict: WAIT. :-\

tiraspol

Quote from: matlu on May 16, 2005, 02:10:34 PM
But I'm afraid, that if I just don't allow guests to enter rated game - it would confuse new people. Imagine that you want to try a new game, you login as guest, you see a game to join - but you cannot. It's not very likely to encounter non-rated game, I guess that people don't make them too often.

I don't think that I can expect somebody new, who just sees this game for first time, to write: "hey, I'm new here, please somebody create non-rated game so I can test it". I'm afraid that he would be just confused instead.

Is it so hard to just waste 10 seconds of your life and make a Username? If someone wants to try out the game, they can register. Its not that hard. Most of these people that play right now, are eaither from the old CyberWars, or atleast been in the castle a couple times and know what the game is like. Most of the new people just log in as guest, play one game, then they lose and say that the game sucks. If they like it, they will make a Username. I still believe that the option of Guest shouldnt even be on there. If they want to try out the game, its not that hard to register. Then there wont be any sudden problems with Rated/NonRated games.

matlu

QuoteMost of the new people just log in as guest, play one game, then they lose and say that the game sucks

It's little bit off topic, but:

the game NEEDS new players. Currently there is probably something between 50 - 100 active players, almost all of them old players who played cyberwars. It makes NO SENSE to maintain such game for 50 - 100 people.

So I would ask you all to be helpful to newbies. If somebody new comes, and immediately meets Mr. See-How-Fast-I-Can-Kill-You, of course he gets pissed off and never comes again.

I mean, not kill newbies immediatelly and try to explain the game instead. It sure requires some level of "social feeling", but I hope that at least some of you are able of it.

dragon75

Quote from: icesabree on May 14, 2005, 11:29:56 PM
i earn my own points buddy and don't be mad if me kaoss and gut are all better then you just play and get better thats all i can say stop conplaining nobody likes a tattle tale

kaoss cheats. there, i said it. he uses cheap manuvers to win, and is totally dishonorable.

QuoteYeah, I agree. maybe if the whole cheating thing gets out of hand, maybe it would be good to wipe (erase) all the registered accounts, and then make it so the person can only register 1 account per IP. I know it wouldnt do alot, but maybe it would make cheating just a little less known, (Even though i know not alot of people would want to waste another 15 seconds of their life to register again). I also like the fact that the people who always go on guests account can only play NON-RATED games. That should defiantely be implemented. I hate when people go on guest names and call the registered players "noobs, you suck, what a fag " and other unpleasant words, just so they can get the other persons score down...Gets kind of anoying.

those guests saying "you n00bs" is indeed very annoying. even though we have a special someone using guest accounts, this needs to be addressed with the guests. the non-rated idea i like. do it.
"castle it was called, and many did play. cyber wars, battlethingz, MM, crypt. the games i did play and it is for the love of the game i stay."-me

kaoss

Quote from: dragon75 on May 17, 2005, 01:35:26 AM

kaoss cheats. there, i said it. he uses cheap manuvers to win, and is totally dishonorable.

those guests saying "you n00bs" is indeed very annoying. even though we have a special someone using guest accounts, this needs to be addressed with the guests. the non-rated idea i like. do it.

ROFL NOOB, who cares what manuvers i use, the aim of the game is too win, if you are stupid enough to fall for my tactics everytime, thats your problem NOOB.  Next time you lose 30 points to me in 10 minutes, dont get so upset dude ,ITS ONLY A GAME, RELAX, or if ya cant handle it leave and dont play at all. ;D

ultswordsman

true   true  all i can say is learn every1's tactics and technices (i learned kaoss's so he had to change his to beat me) and  now im learning his new tactics so ill be beating  him a good bit again 8)

BlitzJoker

Quote from: dragon75 on May 17, 2005, 01:35:26 AM

I believe it was "All is fair in love and war."

Quote from: kaoss on May 17, 2005, 03:53:59 PM

ROFL NOOB, who cares what manuvers i use, the aim of the game is too win, if you are stupid enough to fall for my tactics everytime, thats your problem NOOB. Next time you lose 30 points to me in 10 minutes, dont get so upset dude ,ITS ONLY A GAME, RELAX, or if ya cant handle it leave and dont play at all. ;D

Maybe its not only the guests whom are annoying and arrogant, running around calling people noobs??  :o

Quote from: matlu on May 16, 2005, 07:49:43 PM
So I would ask you all to be helpful to newbies. If somebody new comes, and immediately meets Mr. See-How-Fast-I-Can-Kill-You, of course he gets pissed off and never comes again.

Seems people don't only get pissed because of Mr. See-How-Fast-I-Can-Kill-You......I have also heard word from new players that others will gang up 2vs1 and follow them around from game to game, ridiculing them while they do that. And there is no real way to get rid of the intellectually-deprived people of society, like that. It's something that takes place everywhere, and is also something all must learn to deal with.

kaoss

Quote from: BlitzJoker on May 17, 2005, 09:59:41 PM

Maybe its not only the guests whom are annoying and arrogant, running around calling people noobs??  :o

If this dragon75 guy is going to go around and complain about me winning games because of my manuvers i have every right to call the guy a NOOB.  ;) I mean ffs get a life  ;D

Bakster

Quote from: matlu on May 16, 2005, 07:49:43 PM

ROFL!!!!!

:D :D :D :D ;D :D :D :D :D

LOLERSKATES[/b]

That made me laugh.