• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Reconnecting

Started by matlu, May 17, 2005, 03:05:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matlu

so, with new update, I added reconnecting. Here is, how it is *expected* to work (I'm not sure if it's going to work correctly)

1. it's no longer possible to login twice with same nick. If you log in second time, your first session is closed. If you were in a game, it should reconnect you to that game! (currently working only for Cyber Battles, not for other games)

2. If you lost connection, you are no loger kicked to intro screen, but the game tries to reconnect you  automatically (you will see message about it). If it succeeds, you should be able to continue with your game (currently works only for Cyber Battles). Auto reconnecting doesn't work for guests.

if it fails to reconnect, you can try to re-enter name and password, and it will hopefully reconnect you as well.

- I'm not sure if it's going to work correctly
- please report problems

flamingdragon

I was just in a game with tiraspol and t3h luggage when i was disconnected. It reconnected me like it was supposed to but 2 min. later i was disconnected again and not reconnected. It did not tell me reconnection failed. I logged in again but it still didnt.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

matlu

QuoteI logged in again but it still didnt.

you logged in, and it still didn't WHAT?  If it didn't connect you at all (you could not get to lobby) - even when you tried to login manually - it means that there was some really big problem somewhere between your computer and game server. Maybe your ISP or my IPS had some problem. Or there was some problem "in the path".

flamingdragon

No, I was in the middle of the game when big sign saying reconnecting came up. It said reconnecting succesfull. Then few minutes later the sign came up again  and then i was put in log-in screen. It did not say reconnection failed. I logged in again and it put me into the lobby not the game i was playing in.

I could get into lobby perfectly fine.

And i think it's causing more trouble then w/o it. Im being disconnected way more than usual.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

matlu

QuoteNo, I was in the middle of the game when big sign saying reconnecting came up. It said reconnecting succesfull.
good to hear

QuoteThen few minutes later the sign came up again  and then i was put in log-in screen. It did not say reconnection failed.
That's ok. If it fails to reconnect, it doesn't print any other message, but just puts you in log-in screen, so you can try to reconnect manually.

QuoteAnd i think it's causing more trouble then w/o it. Im being disconnected way more than usual
Not possible, it sure cannot be the cause of disconnecting more often. It has to be just coincidence, or your internet connection had recently bigger problems than usuall for some reason

icesabree

how come i play a game and in the middle of it i get sent back to start page or login page and its not my connection i talk to the best but they say its your site that sometimes could cause  that see about getting it fixed matlu
skyler

flamingdragon

Quote from: matlu on May 18, 2005, 05:30:30 PM
Not possible, it sure cannot be the cause of disconnecting more often.

Are u sure its not that before my connection was going out for 5 seconds but it didnt matter because it was at 10 seconds. But now it tries to reconnect when it goes out for just 1 second but it cant reconnect.   ???
Adun Toridas, Executor.

matlu

If tries to reconnect you, when 10 seconds "without a signal", this was not changed

HellsRage666

Okay matlu, not to be a complainer, but i think something is seriously wrong with reconnecting on 2nd or 3rd tries. I was in lobby, waiting for a few ppl, and it reconnected me. So that was fine. A minute or so later i start up a 5 player and anybody can vow for me i said "Ok you guys, i'll try and not get dissconnected this time" and boom... dissconnected without an attempt at reconnecting.  This had just happened on a previous 5 player game to me, you can ask KXB, Tiraspol, Ultsabree and Jeesewu (or something like that). I was on the name known as "The_Guest". Please look into it, its gotten to be very fustrating when u finaly have a good game going and without warning its over. I dont think anything of the sort ever happen on the old GD but im not sure. Thanx!

ultswordsman

yea that happened 3 times in a row and i wanted to kill him :'(

HellsRage666

Kill me?! HAHAHA.... thats a good one  ;D

tiraspol

Yeah... and then it happened to me right after that game lol. I beamed down a freaking spider, and I should of won... gah. I think matlu needs to get a new place to host this game lol. Maybe the hosting company just sucks? You never know.

exiledragon

I have never once disconnected, its you  :P
Game user name = AnkleBiter
Calling somone overconfident/unskilled when you are losing is NOT good timing.
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript order of the stick

HellsRage666

u suck exile. But seriously, im usually on AIM the same time as im playing, and my AIM doesnt ever lose connection but yet i lose connection on the game. And when i check my internet info its says its been continuously connected for like "16 hours and 11 minutes". I seriously think it might just be a problem with your server matlu. And im sure u r busy but plz plz plz respond...!

matlu

you may be still connected, but there may be some problem BETWEEN you, and game server