• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Reconnecting

Started by matlu, May 17, 2005, 03:05:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HellsRage666

Omfg matlu... it just happened, like a minute ago. It didnt even ATTEMPT to reconnect it, it just kicked me off to the login page. This is getting to be ridiculous, i can hardly ever play a game without being kicked off...

HellsRage666

And i know this should go into the BUG section, but i just logged back on and it says i still have 130 pts in the high score list on "The_Guest" but i really have 128, thanx to me being kicked off of course....

HellsRage666

I quit.... this is getting to be ridiculous. I was dominating a 4 player game with a real pred and a queen at 80% in my cards and then... once again... to go with a million other times... BOOM. Im off. No attempt to recconect me that time, but many many attempts at it before. ARGH!!!! I NEED TO KILL SOMETHING!!!!!! Matlu, i am on my knees begging you, please please please help me. Figure out something or please do something about it, if u can.

matlu

not today, sorry :) it's 1 a.m. here and I have to go to work tomorrow :) Reconnection really could be improved a bit.. but.. not today. During weekend.
Well... btw... what is overall quality of your connection? How long it takes till a monster moves, when you click on order? How long it takes to display your chat message after pressing enter?

tiraspol

I say ...Kill the whole "if your idle for a minute, you get kicked to login" thingie. If the person is not there, let them stay in lobby until they ARE back... maybe if they ARE afk for like a minute or so, isnt there a way to put a little "afk" symbol by their name or something. This whole "idle kick to login" script is just being really annoying in games.

HellsRage666

My connection is usually great. A little laggy at times, but other than that its instantaneous. A few times however like i said its laggy and even if i click on a monster it'll take a few moments before i can move them, but thats on a rare occasion.

HellsRage666

hey so now that its the weekend, are you going to attempt to do something about it? But i feel i should let you know its not happening as often now, only once outta like 30 games today.

HellsRage666

so much for that!  >:(. I just got logged out of a 5 player. KXB always happens to be in my games when i get logged... which is kinda strange.

BlitzJoker

Did anyone get disconnected this much before the booting/reconnecting system was set up?

HellsRage666

Not even close to as much... infact, once in a blue moon.

matlu

I don't know. It kicks you out, when you don't receive any message from the server for 10 seconds. Ok, I will disable disconnecting/booting, and let's observer several day what happens. (I will upload new version today evening, I mean evening in europan time :) )

BlitzJoker

Then I say do it like it used to be done. People were booted after 3 turns of inactivity(maybe make it 2), thus people were only booted when their internet failed, or lagged massively. Have no reconnection system, if your internet fails, live with it.

Command&Conquer Red Alert 2 also has a reconnection system, which often ruins the game because it just doesn't work the way it should.

If a person is lagging the game should continue play normal for every1 else, and then when they stop lagging the game should just jump ahead(for the lagging person) to where everyone else is(this is how DB worked b4 d/c system).