• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Paying for Rook

Started by FireBird, June 19, 2007, 01:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireBird

I'm confused... So someone tell me what's up...

as of July only subscribers will be allowed to pay for rook?? so there for
only subscribers will be able to "play" rook... Is that correct???

I'm not a subscriber so as of July am I going to be able to play rook or not?? My guess is not but I just wanna make sure so someone that knows what they are talkin about please feel free to comment

thanks

UGetDaLeftOvers

Firebird, I guess you haven't been reading RR lately. This was posted as something that was going to happen a few days ago. Guess this is where the "true" followers are going to pay to play, or drink the cool aid.

FireBird

i looked for something that was posted here about it... and i didnt see anything... so where is it???? tell me and ill go read it

FireBird

oh and if someone could just flat out answer my question... that would be nice too

The_Crusade

Few games and few days.

flamingdragon

lol, that has been the answer to most questions in this topic.............
Adun Toridas, Executor.

matlu

Firebird, I don't understand what's wrong. I read the notice again and it seems quite clear to me.... can you please explain?

Dodger

QuoteDear players,

Duelboard needs your financial support. As a fund-raising action, only subscribers will be allowed to play as of July. The game will be free again as of September (or sooner).

Thank you for your understanding

Seems pretty simple enough to me. Good idea Matlu.

flamingdragon

I concur, that is a good idea.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

hammike

Someone is a little late with the April Fool's joke right??  So for 2 months there will be very few people playing Rook?? Kinda like Gameland??  Good luck with that.

BTW......a big HEY to everyone.
eaten today? thank a farmer!

Dodger

I don't see why you object. It's not like it's a great amount, and elsewhere I'm betting you would have to pay a company lot more for the same services that one man alone is offering here.

Also, wasn't this a players idea on how to keep rook running anyway?

TheHissyCat

::)  what is the problem paying for rook? We pay for our computer, we pay for our internet, and usually we pay for different items on the net.  So when a person takes his time and effort and tries to improve the site and make it possible for us rook lovers to play this game we can find no where else on the net....then where is the problem in paying a very fair minimal fee?? It is Less than a Coke or a Sobee or whater drink of your choice per week.......So yes i will gladly buy matlu a coke for providing the site for us.  I dont even play everyday......but when i have the time and opportunity ......the site is here.

Thanks Matlu for the site, and i hope everyone will just get over it and buy u at least a coke......hey it doesnt even include popcorn. :-\   

come on people get over it.......if u love the game show some sportsmanship and appreciation here

SiR gUt

hell, I've seen all the work Matlu has done to that game over the pass months, and he has done a fantastic job single handedly with that game. If I actually liked01 rooked, I would definitely pay to play it here.
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

TheHissyCat

Hats off to Matlu!! We can actually play a whole game of rook, he has fixed the time limit between plays which allows a more fair game without people cheating in ims, booting is practically gone, and players are nicer to each other....well lets face some people will never be nice, but the fighting that was once there is now gone, and we can actually enjoy the game.......again I say, if you enjoy the game pay your buck twenty five a week which you will blow anyway and lets keep the sight.  Thank you matlu if you read this...I for one greatly appreciate all your efforts!

UGetDaLeftOvers

Well, I suppose it had to come to someone just spelling this all out, even more than matlu did on RR. His (MATLU) statement was this:
"I only see two ways, I will either gather enough money to be able to quit my full time job and work entirely on duelboard for a month or two, and then advertise it via payed advertisement - or to simply abandon further development, leave duelboard completely unmaintained/unsupported/unmoderated, and spend my free time on something else."

So to my understanding, unless everyone becomes a member and pays to play, or he is not going to have enough money to "maintain" duelboard and will just leave it alone. Any questions?