• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Big Glitch

Started by tiraspol, May 21, 2005, 12:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiraspol

I was in a game.. Then I beamed a pred at 20% and then all the sudden after that, I got CONNECTION LOST, RECONECTING.. Then it reconected me back to the game, and all the sudden my opponents spideroid became invisible... I was right on top of it to try to attack it, and I couldnt, becasue I could not even select it. Right after I tried to attack it, then I got kicked off to the main page, and it made me lose the game. All those monsters on there except the: mount,buggy, or slimeblob where mine.  >:( Jeebus. --EDIT-- I also dont even have 56k, i got Cable. Dont even know why I got disconected. Maybe its something with the game, instead of user connection speeds.

Heres a screenie:
http://67.163.11.38/glitch.gif

BlitzJoker

:o Is that a curse word in you screenshot!?!? My virgin ears   :'(

matlu

I know that reconnect feature needs some improvements. I'm afraid that when it's your turn and you lost connection, it almost always fails to reconnect you.
   .. but... I really cannot imagine that you reconnected succesfully, and just one single monster was missing from the screen.
Probably somebody just holodetected it, while you were out? Can you clarify it with other people who played?
I'm not 100% sure, but I'd say that missing monster is very unlikely to happen. I'm looking at the screenshot, but it really cannot help me, it's just static picture.

Quotealso dont even have 56k, i got Cable. Dont even know why I got disconected. Maybe its something with the game, instead of user connection speeds.
even with cable you may get disconnected. You are on the network, there are maybe 10, or 20 computers between your computer and the game server, any of them may fail for some reason anytime, and your connection may break

tiraspol

Nah, My eyes didnt lie. The Spideroid really DID turn invisible for some reason. I think that Connection Lost, might have something to do with it. I dont really know, maybe its just a one-time thing, I dont really know, but it was weird, becasue I could not even attack it becasue I could not see it so I could not select it. Weird. For proof, you can ask the guys who were in my game, I also told them what happened too, in game. Peace.

matlu

I BELIEVE YOU, but if you say:  I could not see it, I could not select it - maybe it's because it wasn't there? It could get holodetected meanwhile.

Myabe it IS some bug, but right now I have no idea  how it could happen

Bakster

I was in the game. The spider was real. It was the same game where Douglas survived 2 hits against it :(

matlu

Quote from: Bakster on May 22, 2005, 05:54:48 PM
I was in the game. The spider was real. It was the same game where Douglas survived 2 hits against it :(

ooookkkk, so there is something wrong with reconnection :) Will have a look.