• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Recent Cheating

Started by RickD, April 21, 2008, 04:44:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickD

This is an exact copy of a message I sent to Matlu, but he's not around much anymore, if anyone cares or can contact him to do something, please do, I dont want my message to fall on deaf ears twice.

Hi,

You don't personally know me, but I'm a player in Cyberwars named "Ati."  It has come to my attention that a couple players (danjordan & Mase) have raised their scores many folds over during a period of 2-3 days (danjordan from 4-110, and Mase from ~220 - 604).  This is the testimony i've receive from them regard the great augmentation to their scores.  I'm not sure whether danjordan was joking when he said what you will soon read, but I think I have a confession from mase.  I personally think that they took turns playing (one with a real account and another with a guest account) and the guest purposely quit during a rated game, to raise the real account's score.
I'm not making complete accusations, just pointing out fishy behavior, and I think that you should look and see if there are any logs or anything (with your admin powers) that could explain such a drastic increase.  I'm not sure what's going on but I think it might concern you or your more loyal players because, through the use of what ever "cheating techniques" Mase has trumped over some players and made it into the high scores.

*****NOTE*****: It seems Mase used the method I previously mentioned simply to make it to the #29 spot on the highscores, and may or may not have started to play "fairly" from there.   EIther way, he cheated his way to the top.

matlu

Well, since only few players still play Cyberbattles... I guess it doesn't matter if they cheat

Parsley

When did you become so disillusioned, Matlu  :'(

Stylez

Don't be so pestimistic :(

I love this game, just needs more spotlight. I have friends over at MMO.com that could put this game up on the site for you if you wish, I'd LOVE to have some people to play with!

flamingdragon

Dragonwars will soon be complete, you should have plenty of people to play with once that happens.

http://dragonwars.wordpress.com/
Adun Toridas, Executor.

Stylez

I know but Cyber Wars/Cyber Battles is the shiz :(

flamingdragon

It's practically the same game.

Dragonwars will be better though and have much more features, such as 25 players in one game.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

matlu

The guy who makes the game should enable "single player" games, as it is still possible on Cyberbattles. Of course it makes no sense to play alone, but people could at least see how it looks like, when nobody else is online.

Also I don't think that 25 players in one game is a good idea... unless he's going to make it somehow real-time. For turn-based games 6 players is quite enough... imagine having to wait for 20 other ppl to make their turn...

Dodger

Quote from: matlu on October 28, 2008, 05:37:07 PM
Also I don't think that 25 players in one game is a good idea... unless he's going to make it somehow real-time. For turn-based games 6 players is quite enough... imagine having to wait for 20 other ppl to make their turn...

That's practically what I said. Going to take a ridiculous amount of time per game.

flamingdragon

Perhaps...

The time limit will not be very long the first round though, as it adjusts depending on how many units you have, and a lot of people will likely be dying on the second round. It shouldn't be too bad...
Adun Toridas, Executor.

StarSabre

Psh, this isn't the place to discuss the merits of DW vs CB.
-Crosses Sabre-

Dodger

Well... Since there isn't an actual place to discuss that. Here will do :)

flamingdragon

Good idea!

There is turn order rotation, which I suggested to Matlu for CB yet was denied. The turn order rotation eliminates the ridiculous advantage to going first. It is true that in 1 vs 1 games people will go twice in a row, yet it is worth it to eliminate the going first advantage.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

Dodger

Would ruin CB IMO. The whole point is to prove you're the better player by winning both when you have the advantage and when you don't. It's like going first in chess.
Also if there's only two players and the order of play keeps switching then I think it would lose continuity, and get confusing. Less like a turn based game, may as well be real time IMO.
This is just for CB, I have no idea how it will be in DW, that's a totally different game about which I know little.