• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

More luck than skill?

Started by SiR gUt, May 20, 2005, 11:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiR gUt

Well, I just want to say that the old cyber wars was basically equal to luck and skill. This Cyber Battles game has gotten to be way more luck than anything else. It's just getting sickening how many times the hover tank and tank survives all spider attacks, queen attacks, and light sabre attacks. Then kills the spider or queen after that. I mean seriously the combat system is really wrong somewhere, because id always have monsters with strength better or equal to their def and str, and never kill the monster your attacking. But the opponents monster always kills the monster your attacking with. For example Cyborg on Acid Spitter. I attack spitter with cyborg and spitter lives but when spitter attacks borg, borg dies. Now dont get me started with the hover tanks they for somereason when i attack one they survive every hit even if im attacking with monsters way stronger.Basically all im tring to say is for some reason the weaker monsters are always killing the stronger monsters and surviving the stronger monster hits.

i dont know if its just me or what so someone please inform me.
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

kaoss

Yea i couldnt have said it better myself. Very wrong indeed.

matlu

1. it's really not easy to find "good" combat system. I was trying for some balance. For example, commander without equipment should have at least SOME chance to kill commander with force armour. Currently there is exactly 10% probability. Is is too high? Is it too low? Who is to tell? And realize, that SAME probability should apply, when Alien Hatchling attacks commander. (there is same STR vs. DEF difference).
So you may say that Hatchling can kill commander "relatively" easy (10%).. but .. if I make it lower, it would be much harder to kill commander with force armour... (and I think it's already hard enough)

2. Have a look here: http://www.duelboard.com/forum/index.php/topic,225.0.html

Currently (since approx 2 weeks ago) I'm using system #2.  Look at the percentage chart to see how it works. It is possible (but not sure) that combat system in cyberwars was #3.  Again, see the chart

matlu

I myself - don't know. Maybe it could be better - but you'll have to suggest some concrete improvement

SiR gUt

well zz must you insist on always starting problems? You dont ever quit do you? i never said it didnt stop me from gettin 400+ points and who said i lose the matches when the monsters doesnt die. Im just saying that they dont and there is something wrong with the combat system. So why dont you always stop coming up with your accusations which are always usually wrong.

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

Bakster

Quote from: SiR gUt on May 20, 2005, 09:39:51 PM
well zz must you insist on always starting problems? You dont ever quit do you? i never said it didnt stop me from gettin 400+ points and who said i lose the matches when the monsters doesnt die. Im just saying that they dont and there is something wrong with the combat system. So why dont you always stop coming up with your accusations which are always usually wrong.

You say the game is all luck, and that you have bad luck. How is it that you win so much?

tiraspol

QuoteYou say the game is all luck, and that you have bad luck. How is it that you win so much?

Please give me a dirrect quote from his first post that says "and that you have bad luck".

Can we keep this convo more related to the "combat system"?  K.thx

SiR gUt

I am not complaining about the combat system. I am simply saying there might be something wrong with it. While i been playing the game those problems have been occuring. So why must people bring up that i am saying that i am having bad luck, and why i keep winning. Not once have i said i am having bad luck and that i am lucky. I am just saying that there is something wrong with the system because monsters with lower strength are killing monsters with higher defense and strength, and it happens way to often. It happens to me, and it happens to people i am versing. Its not just me its happening to, so please dont complain about my post with dumb comments about me having 400+ points, because that has nothing to do with what i am saying..  Also zz just because you dont like me stop making dumb comments on every one of my post.
Ill say it again aswell, just because the better monsters dont kill the crappier monsters doesnt mean it will stop someone from winning. Just the combat system has a flaw in it.   

kaoss

BlitzJoker

Lets stop our bickering children.....to clear it up it has nothing to do with stronger monsters "not being able" to kill something weaker, it has to do with the stronger monster having a lower chance of killing that weaker monster than in the only cyber wars. I will admit I have spent a fewhours thinking about it, and writing out some equations.......but my algrebra knowledge isnt as advanced as what i need it too be yet.....

I will agree that the percentages should be changed.....but even after a few hours of making some graphs and equations, I still could think of nothing.  :-\

ultswordsman

that might work another simple souloution i thought of is         monster strenght higher then defence monster dead monster strength = to defence  50% of living

matlu

Str-Def       ||         Percent

-6                              6
-5                              10

nooooooooooooo...  people would kill me if I made it like this. Just THINK about it, and COMPARE it with CURRENT system (#2). You actually suggest even easier kills. Probe would have 10% to kill tank! And 6% to kill predator.

SiR gUt

zz all i am saying is it happens way to often. So chill out

BlitzJoker

Quote from: zzboots on May 22, 2005, 03:44:01 AM
But if I can't post an idea without someone taking it as an attack against them, I'll stop posting.

Please don't you were one of the few other rational people I could count on to give good posts and understand things from an educated view!  :-\

matlu

are you still talking about combat system? Better stick to it, such flaming is not too interesting to read