• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Paradoxes

Started by TheMua, July 28, 2008, 02:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMua

Assuming time is circular, what you do is this: Someone makes a wish or something, which you then must figure out how to turn into a paradox (never-ending loop of time)(ex. of a verbal paradox: This statement is not true).
Rules: No copying others wishes/paradoxes.
          Have fun.
          Check this every day, please.
I wish for an atom bomb.

Scrotum_Nose

This requires too much thought.

flamingdragon

Adun Toridas, Executor.

TheMua

Scrotum_Nose

Give us an example Paradox Man.

flamingdragon

Sounds pretty simple to me....

You get an atom bomb, which you then accidently fire at a hole in the time space continuum, sending the atom bomb back in time, and then destroying the atom bomb facotry which produced the bomb.....BEFORE IT WAS EVEN MADE!

I wish I had a piece of pie.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

Scrotum_Nose

So all the answers are going to be basically the same?

You go back in time and eat the pie.

flamingdragon

That doesn't work......as then the pie isn't what caused the pie to be eaten in the first place....if however this happened.....

You get a piece of pie which is then knocked out of your hands by an eagle and immediately ran over by a truck. You really wanted that pie, so you devise a way to go back in time to eat the pie before you even got it. However, since the pie is no longer there, you never went back in time, which then cause the pie to be there again.....creating the infinite loop.  8)
Adun Toridas, Executor.

Scrotum_Nose

Quote from: flamingdragon on August 01, 2008, 06:23:52 PM
That doesn't work......as then the pie isn't what caused the pie to be eaten in the first place....if however this happened.....

You get a piece of pie which is then knocked out of your hands by an eagle and immediately ran over by a truck. You really wanted that pie, so you devise a way to go back in time to eat the pie before you even got it. However, since the pie is no longer there, you never went back in time, which then cause the pie to be there again.....creating the infinite loop.  8)

That doesn't even make sense. "The pie is no longer there", what's that supposed to mean?

flamingdragon

The pie would no longer be in the future for you to get and then have ran over since you just ate it in the past.  ::)
Adun Toridas, Executor.

Scrotum_Nose

Quote from: flamingdragon on August 01, 2008, 06:48:33 PM
The pie would no longer be in the future for you to get and then have ran over since you just ate it in the past.  ::)

Oh. But the pie doesn't cause the pie to be eaten in this case either, the eagle and lorry does. Yours is just a ridiculously long winded version of my answer.

flamingdragon

I'm afraid you are quite incorrect my good sir.....as your answer implies that if you never recieved a pie you still might go back and eat it anyways.......with my answer the reason he went back in time is explicitly states as because the aforementioned pie was involved. Without recieving the pie, I would never go back in time.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

Scrotum_Nose

Quote from: flamingdragon on August 02, 2008, 05:30:49 PM
I'm afraid you are quite incorrect my good sir.....as your answer implies that if you never recieved a pie you still might go back and eat it anyways.......with my answer the reason he went back in time is explicitly states as because the aforementioned pie was involved. Without recieving the pie, I would never go back in time.

So does mine. He couldn't go back in time and eat the pie without receiving the pie in the first place.

flamingdragon

Yes he could.  >:(

His going back in time has nothing to do with the fact that he recieved the pie.
Adun Toridas, Executor.