• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

gun turrets move on killed enemies

Started by berserka_k9, March 21, 2005, 10:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berserka_k9

berserka_k9

TheMcCool

They also halt opposing enemies movement when you move up to them, which shouldn't happen.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

matlu

- I know that they move on killed enemies, this will be fixed soon
- are you 100% sure that they should NOT halt enemy movement? Can someone confirm that?

TheMcCool

I am 100% sure man. They are more useful the way you have them, but in the old game they did NOT halt enemy movement.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

Kevin

Quote from: matlu on March 21, 2005, 11:29:40 AM
- I know that they move on killed enemies, this will be fixed soon
- are you 100% sure that they should NOT halt enemy movement? Can someone confirm that?

Yeah I'm also pretty sure they didn't halt enemy movement and McCool seems like hes sure.

BlitzJoker

100% positive they did not halt enemy movement

zzboots

Also, turrets could not be beamed down so that two different people's turrets were touching.  The beamed turrets would shift to accomidate for unaviable space. (Have fun working that one out  ;D)  Also for future reference beacons worked the same way, however beacons could be adjacent to the turrents (i think either left of right).  Some confirmation on this information would be nice.

Program beacons and turrets correctly are you are almost home free.  8)
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

Parsley

Can't install Java to see...

Any problems with the turret graphics?  Or improvements?

matlu

Quote from: Parsley on March 22, 2005, 06:38:52 PM
Can't install Java to see...

Any problems with the turret graphics?  Or improvements?
What's the problem with installing java? I haven't tried to do it this way myself, but it should be easy to install from: http://java.sun.com/getjava

Turret graphics: it looks nice, but in my opinion that yellow "glow" is too strong and striking. Perhaps you cold consider reducing it a bit?

ZAPTONE_Z

yeah i laughed my ass off when my turrent 'advanced forward'

and yes its true turrents dont lock you into combat

the turret gfx doesnt seem to fit with the other new icons either

Odin

Turrets should not lock you into combat as other opponents' things would. Same going for subspace beacons when the opponent's commander is inside, just for future reference. I also agree the Turrets graphics don't match up with the rest of the graphics and the monkey-child commander seems out of place as well.
"You are neither right nor wrong because the crowd disagrees with you, you are right because your data and reasoning are right."
-- Benjamin Graham