• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

IP ban

Started by Akins22, March 18, 2009, 04:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akins22

This is a great site and i play endless hours.  The site has caught on all throughout our area and many of my friends play as well.  I understand you cant only ban individual accounts, but i would just like to ask for a pardon on this ip.  This is an open server at school and anyone can get on and break the rules.  Just regrettably, we all suffer from this.  I still play at home, but I would just like to ask, because a pardon would truly be appreciated.  Especially by those of us who pay to play or have in the past.

Dodger

Should you be playing games at school? Wait until you get home.

Akins22

Should I be playing games at school? Listen...Im a senior and have 41 days left.  I scored a 31 on my ACT and have  3.9 GPA.  I have 2 classes out of 7 that are for credit.  The rest I am an aid, which means i sit in the computer lab and do nothing.  So does it really matter? Honestly....

matlu

Hello, I need to know bad number, or some other way to identify you

Akins22

um.. It says ID 674
Tyvm
If you need some other way ill figure it out.. Thats just all i know right now

Dodger

Quote from: Akins22 on March 19, 2009, 04:25:26 PM
Should I be playing games at school? Listen...Im a senior and have 41 days left.  I scored a 31 on my ACT and have  3.9 GPA.  I have 2 classes out of 7 that are for credit.  The rest I am an aid, which means i sit in the computer lab and do nothing.  So does it really matter? Honestly....

Tbh, I don't give two shits. But at my School they wouldn't have liked us using up bandwidth that other students might need to do work. That's all I'm saying.

Quote from: Akins22 on March 20, 2009, 05:03:02 PM
um.. It says ID 674
Tyvm
If you need some other way ill figure it out.. Thats just all i know right now

I don't think there is any way to ban a single person behind your schools proxy, the school will have it's specific IP, and the proxy will assign IP's to specific members of your network. He can't pick out a specific IP within your network as that isn't broadcast past the proxy. The only way to stop these troublesome IP's is to simply block the IP range of your school.
Maybe you should take your frustration out on the students ruining your fun, then perhaps next time they'll think twice.

Akins22

Quote from: Dodger on March 21, 2009, 05:45:44 PM
Tbh, I don't give two shits. But at my School they wouldn't have liked us using up bandwidth that other students might need to do work. That's all I'm saying.

I don't think there is any way to ban a single person behind your schools proxy, the school will have it's specific IP, and the proxy will assign IP's to specific members of your network. He can't pick out a specific IP within your network as that isn't broadcast past the proxy. The only way to stop these troublesome IP's is to simply block the IP range of your school.
Maybe you should take your frustration out on the students ruining your fun, then perhaps next time they'll think twice.

Well if you dont give two shits why worry about this? I mean it has nothing at ALL to do with you.  And the time thats not being spent on duelboard is simply being spent on other game sites such as miniclip or candystand.  So honestly, what I do is my business.  Dont worry about it

No theres no way to ban a single person, and i understand that completely.  The problem is that there are hundreds of people who play this at my school so its kind of hard to take my frustration out on them.  But I know hes pardoned people before, and thats all Im askin for. 

Dodger

I'm just injecting my constructive opinion. Is that not what forums are all about?

I don't care what you get up to at school, that's your decision whether I agree with it or not. Since I'm being fairly hypocritical (I know what I was doing in the IT labs at school, and it definitely wasn't work!), I'll keep quiet. 

However, since you agree there is no way to ban only the offenders, if your IP is pardoned, what's to stop it happening again? I can see no incentive to un-ban, the only word Matlu has to go on is your own.

Akins22

The incentive to unban? Would be that there are at least 30 members who have paid membership either now or before from here.  And it is unfair to all of us who pay.  But it may happen again, it may not.  All i know is Im sick of not being able to play during the 4 hours of doing nothing. So please fix this.  Thats all i ask

matlu

It should work now

Dodger