• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Getting Booted and banned

Started by xopoptartxo, April 30, 2009, 07:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xopoptartxo

I got booted and don't know why.Some nic named gras kept bothering me while I was playing wanting me to make comments about another player.When I ask them if they were just wanting me to say something so they could say something to this person...CRAZY....people on duelboard.Told them I didnt like trouble makers and hit ignore on them...Then the next thing I knowed I was banned..What is the deal with things like this going on...Do the mods allow this stuff to go on?Looks like they have a hand in it their selves.

tidefan

Looks like the mods have a hand in it themselves? Interesting point. This is what I have observed as well as unfortunatly been entangled in myself. The mods love to head out into the looby and start making a mountain out of a mole hill. Its as if they want everybody there to know that they are a mod so everyone will start kissing up to them. They boast and brag how they will ban you for the slightest thing that as they put it "i do not like". They love the attention and they love to bask in thier own glory of what they feel is the ultiment power of being able to ban someone from this site. Ive even observed them trying to provoke people into cursing so they can ban the person in front of others. This tactic has been tried on me, but i would not fall for it. In the lobby, they all gang up on an player like vultures on a dead carcass, saying things like "if you value that nick, you better shut your mouth now" trying to provoke the player into saying something so that they can ban them. I have even had one of the mods to post MY IP ADDRESS for everybody to see. I hope no one hacks into my computer because of this information. The arrogance and smart allec mouths of the mods as well as thier tatics of trying to provoke players to say things so they can ban them is by far exeeding any outrageous cursing by any of the players. I am seeing more and more of this going on from the mods, and more and more of the players getting fed up with it!! If these people continue to have unlimited control on banning people, they will eventually provoke everybody into saying something that "they dont like", and they will have everybody banned and then only the handfull of mods will be the only people left that can play rook on duelboard. Looks to me like you need a mod for the mods Matlu.

Dodger

I don't play rook. But by the sound of it I'm a lucky person. Never in my life have a seen so much moaning about unfairness and favourtism. What is it with people that play this game? This never happened with Cyber Battles, and we didn't need mods. What's wrong with rookers?
And why is it there are no mods on here to stand up for themselves?

I really feel sorry for Matlu having to put up with this every day. I haven't seen a positive rook topic in a very long time.
I praise your continued benevolence Mat, you must have the patience of a saint.

tidefan

I have been playing rook on duelboard for around two years or so and have never had a problem with this untill here just recently. This was the first post I ever made about any subject let alone a complaint. It just looks like a growing problem to me and other folks as well. Your right, there is some complaining about favoritizm because it is certainly there. I have witnessed it myself more than once. See my first post. Duelboard rook is a great place to play cards, and there are alot of good people on there who are fun to play with and rarely complain. I just hate to see it ruined by a few who feel like they have unlimited power to do anything they want, such as posting peoples ip addresses for anyone to see. This is supposed to be a fun place to play cards, not a place for a long you know what contest to see who can boot who.

Dodger

I'm not trying to victimise you personally. I just can't understand why this game has soooo many problems.

I'm not expecting anyone to remember... But I'd like it to be known that when this game was in development I said from the start that player mods were a bad idea. I said that power to individuals can only lead to curruption. Although I never expected it to this extent, it's quite obviously not working as intended.

I know I can't really take too much of a stand on this, since I don't even play rook and clearly have too much time on my hands, I never really think player mods are neccessary.
There was nothing wrong with the /report function we had on Cyber Battles.

Personally I think that you should be able to type /kick [player nick] to vote to kick. If a player recieves a certain amount of votes (or a certain % of people in the game vote) then he/she is kicked from the game. You could also step this up to /ban to ban the player for a certain time. Obvioulsy this can be abused as well, but can't be as bad.

Janet1978

Yes there is alot of complaining and moaning and groaning but sometimes there are jsut reasons for this.......there are more problems than this such as certain people who are friends with the mods being allowed to cuss whomever they feel pleased to but when anything is said back to them then they are the ones to get banned....this has become a very big problem i have been saying for awhile that the mods need to not make friends and stay as bias as humanly possible when it comes to settling disputes....It REALLY has gotten out of hand so much that there are alot of people who do not even wish to play on duelboard anymore....I use to play daily but now i am lucky if i get on once a week.....I love this site I just feel that there needs to be some changes made to make it a happier more friendly place

snerp_derp

I want to be a Mod. How do I do it?

I am SO serious u don't even KNOW!

:-)

holla

shooter10

I agree with everyone on here. I was banned by a Mod just because of what some of her friends told her about me. I talked with the Mod and she did apologize for it. She e-mailed Matlu and told him it was a mistake, but it still took 2 months before I could play again! I'm still unable to use my original Nic. The favoritism shown to a certain few on Duel is sickening! Would it be possible for Matlu to put a term-limit on Mods? Just like politicians, they need to be replaced on a regular basis! And yes, there are a few on Duel who are like a pack of wolves. They will gang up on people in the lobby, Mods do nothing to them!! Just to name a few xQueenBx and _Jamie_. The way they are allowed to act is horrible! I've been a paying customer for a while now, but am considering not paying this year because of the way these people are allowed to act! Sorry to bother you guys with this, but I saw the other post and decided enough was enough. Something should be done about this matter!

flamingdragon

Getting booted and banned? Not just one or the other?

That is pretty impressive.

Anyway, Dodger, the reason the game has so many problems is because most of the players seem to be around age 12.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

Dodger

I still believe I was right about mods. Power either corrupts or attracts the easily corruptible.

flamingdragon

I agree, especially since these mods don't seem to have been put through a very rigorous selection process.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

MMAN

I have been banned before. Actually quite a few times and I will say that a couple times I've been banned for absolutely nothing! Just because they didn't like me at the time. But other than that I think the mods are fair. Anyone who says PureCountry isn't fair doesn't know what they are talking about, I've seen him take a lot of crap from players and not ban them. All I'm saying most of the times that I have been banned I have deserved it!